Best Mods for under $100 (5th Gen Edition)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by adrianp89, Aug 1, 2018.

1. bassmanjosh

bassmanjosh Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Does anybody have a solution for adding bed lighting? I didn't realize mine didn't come with it and think it'd be a nice feature to have.

2. brian42

brian42 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    You can add the "kit" retroactively. You can buy the LED bed lights assembly from the dealership. There's a considerable amount of interference removal (depending on your options) to route the wire harness into the cab then you have to pay the dealership to flash your computer for the lights to work. I'm not sure if everybody's headlight knob has the button in the center for the cargo lights (everyone has the cab mount cargo lights so I would think it would be there) but that would be the OEM setup.

I'm sure there are others (I've seen posts of a couple on some forums) that have gone the aftermarket route. They have better overall lighting throughout the bed, cost less, but require you to wire them in and mount/place a switch somewhere for you to operate when you want them.

I've seen the instructions to install the OEM bed lights but don't remember where.

3. bassmanjosh

bassmanjosh Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Thanks for the tip!