best money can buy, not the most expensive, just the best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so I am going to lift my 2016 laramie 1500 5.7 shorty.

i plan on fox or icon coil overs with resevoir.

doesnt need to be a kit but my question is

what are the very BEST components to achieve 6 inches of lift.?

I want my truck to be one where when its for sale a buyer says....I want that one.

thank you
Andy

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant speak for everyone, but for myself I love seeing the lifted trucks and all, but as a buyer I want to see bone stock with no mods. No telling what yayhoo did the install.
You’ll get good advice here on the lift, but do it for yourself what makes YOU say thats a badass truck!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Don’t plan to recover the cost of mods. As for selling point, you will reduce the number of potential buyers.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
so I am going to lift my 2016 laramie 1500 5.7 shorty.

i plan on fox or icon coil overs with resevoir.

doesnt need to be a kit but my question is

what are the very BEST components to achieve 6 inches of lift.?

I want my truck to be one where when its for sale a buyer says....I want that one.

thank you
Andy

BDS kit with Fox shocks is your only option for a 6” lift and reservoir without custom ordering icons or King. Only fox makes a full length Coil-Over which happens to be made specifically for the BDS kit.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you want the best without major modification I like the carli and icon kits with either fox or king coilovers. They will give you longer travel and better off road performance, but they stop at 2.5". Over that you get into long steering links, blocks and other things that don't improve performance just increase wheel clearance at least in a bolt on kit. Nick@gotexhaust could fill you in on all your options and help you with custom ordering if you want to go high and long travel.

OP
OP
L

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don’t plan to recover the cost of mods. As for selling point, you will reduce the number of potential buyers.

I cant speak for everyone, but for myself I love seeing the lifted trucks and all, but as a buyer I want to see bone stock with no mods. No telling what yayhoo did the install.
You’ll get good advice here on the lift, but do it for yourself what makes YOU say thats a badass truck!

I feel the same way but i cant help it i have to lift it lmao

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BDS kit with Fox shocks is your only option for a 6” lift and reservoir without custom ordering icons or King. Only fox makes a full length Coil-Over which happens to be made specifically for the BDS kit.

this

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fabtech also makes a performance 6” lift with Dirtlogic coilovers, seems pretty complete with longer rear springs, rear upper/lower control arms, track relo bracket, bumpstops 2.25 dirtlogic shocks, longer rear sway bar links etc. for the front you have the typical brackets,spindles,diff drop, etc along with 2.5 CO's with our without res, UCA's etc.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want the best without major modification I like the carli and icon kits with either fox or king coilovers. They will give you longer travel and better off road performance, but they stop at 2.5". Over that you get into long steering links, blocks and other things that don't improve performance just increase wheel clearance at least in a bolt on kit. Nick@gotexhaust could fill you in on all your options and help you with custom ordering if you want to go high and long travel.

I can go to 3.5" if i wanted with my Kings OEM specs coilovers. Is not that they stop at 2.5" per se but shock manufacturers have recommended ranges that are within the specs of the vehicle recommended specs for proper operation, hence the OEM/Factory specification. In Icon case they advertise 2.5" of lift max because they give you a little shorter spring compared to the competition (13" free lenght), but You could ask them to add 14" long springs in their CO's when you order and then you could go higher if you wanted.

I don't know about the OEM Fox CO's, or Radflo, or Dirtlogic, out of the box King OEM come with 14" springs so you have a little more room to crank them up compared to Icons, Will see about FOX OEM's soon hopefully right @novelmike ? :). Icons won't give you res or adjusters with thier CO's for the RAM 1500 application even if you ask, they say they have no room to place the reservoir. They're still great CO's and the cheapest performance 2.5 CO option on the market for the 1500's, maybe that's why they don't add the res to it as everybody else (King/Fox/Radflo and Dirtlogic) gives you a res and optional adjusters but they cost more money of course. (Dirtlogic doesnt have the optional adjusters). with Icon/Radflo/King you'll have to ask them to make you a custom lenght if you're going to pair them with a 6" lift kit. Fox and Dirtlogic have one version to fit 6" lifts out of the box.

And I think you meant to say Thuren instead of Icons when you referred to your likes for Carli and Icon ... , Icon won't sell you Fox or Kings, Icon sells Icon products :)

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can go to 3.5" if i wanted with my Kings OEM specs coilovers. Is not that they stop at 2.5" per se but shock manufacturers have recommended ranges that are within the specs of the vehicle recommended specs for proper operation, hence the OEM/Factory specification. In Icon case they advertise 2.5" of lift max because they give you a little shorter spring compared to the competition (13" free lenght), but You could ask them to add 14" long springs in their CO's when you order and then you could go higher if you wanted.

I don't know about the OEM Fox CO's, or Radflo, or Dirtlogic, out of the box King OEM come with 14" springs so you have a little more room to crank them up compared to Icons, Will see about FOX OEM's soon hopefully right @novelmike ? :). Icons won't give you res or adjusters with thier CO's for the RAM 1500 application even if you ask, they say they have no room to place the reservoir. They're still great CO's and the cheapest performance 2.5 CO option on the market for the 1500's, maybe that's why they don't add the res to it as everybody else (King/Fox/Radflo and Dirtlogic) gives you a res and optional adjusters but they cost more money of course. (Dirtlogic doesnt have the optional adjusters). with Icon/Radflo/King you'll have to ask them to make you a custom lenght if you're going to pair them with a 6" lift kit. Fox and Dirtlogic have one version to fit 6" lifts out of the box.

And I think you meant to say Thuren instead of Icons when you referred to your likes for Carli and Icon ... , Icon won't sell you Fox or Kings, Icon sells Icon products :)
i just jumbled my wording. Carli with either fox or king. Their highest end kits have kings or thuren. Their stage 5 kit with ucas is top shelf. I agree you can get longer shocks special order and modify a 6" kit, but I'm not a fan of steering extension shafts, subframe brackets etc. Just feel like weak links to me. If the op is asking about best bolt on you are correct.

OP
OP
L

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you for the responses guys.

I may have been misunderstood though.

this does not need to be a kit.
I dont mind piecing it together but i do want the best parts available to me.

OP
OP
L

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
example.

arent the core 4x4 the better choice for adjustable control arms?

OP
OP
L

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
also, it does not need to be exactly 6 inch. id be happy with anything between 4 and 6

i just dont want to say....i should have done this not that

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dirt king fabrication have some interesting long travel kits that include upper and lower control arms and long travel axles etc that also widen the trucks track by 3" so you require less wheel offset for larger tires. Don't know much about them, but worth looking at.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
example.

arent the core 4x4 the better choice for adjustable control arms?

BDS kits don’t come with control arms. You still would need to purchase core 4x4 control arms and panhard bar as well as UCA’s for the front. And a hellwig rear sway bar. The market is not that big in the 4”-6” range.