Bilstein 6112 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I have 2019 ram Laramie 4x4 crew cab 5.7 hemi. I bought Bilstein 6112 struts and springs in a kit for the front end replacement of stock shocks. The supplied instruction say if a 2.6 front end lift is desired to set the cir clip in the top groove on the shock body. That was done. Every part installation has been double checked and is installed properly including the bottom cup the bottom of the spring sits in. The spring clocking on the top hat seems to be correct.
Instead of a 2.6 inch lift i ended up with a 3 1/4 inch lift. After contacting Bilstein they had no clue. After talking to shock surplus where i purchased the Bilsteins they said a settling of up to 1/2" could occur after driving for a few hundred miles as they also install them and have experienced that happening. After reading comments online about this involving the 6112's some people have had the advertised height right away. others said it came out too high like mine did and it settled later on. Any thoughts??

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I maxed mine out when I first put them on, Realized it was higher than what is stated, so I dropped them down 2 notches.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 6112’s the instructions said do not use the top two notches, those were for the Diesel engine trucks however this was on 4th Gen classic body style.

6C867D36-7B3B-4DF0-9059-E8E9FD848233.png