Black or Chrome rims with level or lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
I'm still researching leveling vs actual small lift 2" to 3"-1/2
However I'm torn between black rims such as Tis, or
There chrome rims

I'm really torn between the 2

Thinking of also somewhat negative offset around -18 to -26 depending on what I decide to do between leveling or lifting

Any suggestions? I could debadge the chrome emblems and order black ones, but I kinda like the metallic dark grey with the chrome on this truck

Attachments

• 20210626_144403.jpg
    20210626_144403.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210626_144353.jpg
    20210626_144353.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 53

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
There chrome rims

Thinking of also somewhat negative offset around -18 to -26 depending on what I decide to do between leveling or lifting

Any suggestions? I could debadge the chrome emblems and order black ones, but I kinda like the metallic dark grey with the chrome on this truck
If you're asking for an opinion (and you'll get a bunch) I would stick with chrome. I plan on lowering mine at least in the front because I don't like steps. Whatever you do don't let anyone change your own taste, they're not going to help you pay for it. LOL, Your truck looks great to me! Again, JMO!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Tha
If you're asking for an opinion (and you'll get a bunch) I would stick with chrome. I plan on lowering mine at least in the front because I don't like steps. Whatever you do don't let anyone change your own taste, they're not going to help you pay for it. LOL, Your truck looks great to me! Again, JMO!
Thanks good advice

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
for your truck, chrome. I think the factory wheels look good as is. But with all that chrome, chrome.

Good looking truck BYW!

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Black with milled spoke areas.
Years ago no one had black and it was polished or chrome, now theres a ton of black even from factory. To me it just looks meaner lol

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
That's what I was thinking
Black with milled accent like the TIS 544 I think is their rim.part #
I'm just wondering how hard the Chrome would be to keep clean

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking
Black with milled accent like the TIS 544 I think is their rim.part #
I'm just wondering how hard the Chrome would be to keep clean
I can only speak for myself but chrome for me is easier to keep clean. I personally have always thought black was the hardest color to keep clean. I got rid of a black vehicle I had for that reason but it is beautiful when it's clean especially with chrome! Once again..... Just my opinion.

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
stay with chrome, or get something with some chrome in them. Maybe black rims with chrome accents. It will match the rest of your truck. I have a black truck with black wheels and I don't like it.

If you do decide to go black, I'll let you have mine if we can make a fair trade.

IMG_4253.JPGIMG_4282.JPG

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
I know what you mean
Here's a black 2020 Ram 1500 Classic lifted I just sold to buy this ram with black TIS rims, I debadged the chrome and changed all the emblems to black after taking the pics:

Thread 'Maxtrac 4.5" Lift 2WD 2020 Dodge Ram Classic Pics' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/maxtrac-4-5-lift-2wd-2020-dodge-ram-classic-pics.171999/

Also, since we're throwing opinions at you, I would have to buy a set of wheels that matched on each side. Meaning I couldnt stand the passenger side rotation going one way, and the driver side rotation going the other.

Any time I see wheels that have a rotation pattern to them I rubber neck to see what the other side of the truck looks like just to see if the wheels match or not.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also, since we're throwing opinions at you, I would have to buy a set of wheels that matched on each side. Meaning I couldnt stand the passenger side rotation going one way, and the driver side rotation going the other.

Any time I see wheels that have a rotation pattern to them I rubber neck to see what the other side of the truck looks like just to see if the wheels match or not.

But you can only see one side at a time

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
What I tell my customers that are on the fence. Get the ones you’ll clean and maintain

BakedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There chrome rims

Not a fan of black rims. Too many on the road. I went with a titanium grey Method MR704.Icon Leveled.jpg

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Interesting how many people are against black rims now
I agree I don't like all black rims at all
But black rims with grey milling look really good