Black/Smoked Headlight/Taillight Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Dauterive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on some black/smoked headlights and taillights. I have a 2016 1500 Sport with factory projector headlights and factory LED taillights. My truck is the metallic steel grey and I want to get some smoked headlights/taillights with black housings. I've been looking around and I cant find much I like that works with the factory projectors and LEDs. I want to avoid getting the factory lights tinted since I have to pass inspection at some point lol. Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Truck: 2016 Ram 1500 Sport (Metallic Steel Grey)
Factory Projector Headlights, Factory LED Taillights

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

B Dauterive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why don't you open yours up and paint them black ?

I want to keep the factory lights untinted so I can swap them back when I need an inspection. My last truck had blacked out lights and I always had to find someone to "pass" my inspection, which typically costs more.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had recons for about 6 years now. Love em

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I looked into the Alpharex, most of the stuff I like is out of stock at the moment but I set some email notifications. Also that hood looks great.
Trust me its not that great in person. Should of just got factory sport hood but hey we live and learn. Good luck and if you decide on Alpha you wont be disappointed.

OP
OP
B

B Dauterive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The pic is stock 20’s on falken wildpeaks.

My summer rims in my avatar are 24” dub baller gloss black.

Oh nice, I like the dub rims. I feel like the wide 5 point spoke rims look good with sport model. Although I'll probably go 20"-22" because I need more tire out here in Texas

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As cheap as this is it's worth a try so I'll give it shot and just rip it off later lol. Thanks for the link.

I use this guy. Bought them outright and he will buy yours if you want. I kept my oem ones for backup.
Excellent work, now have been on 2 trucks and still look great!!

Screenshot_20201226-085003_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-084753_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-085409_Gallery.jpg

Edit*** just looked and his prices increased from 2017 but still worth it IMO