Blackstone sample

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any ideas of what to think of this? Piston slap , last sample offered some suspicion of sample so this is a new sample . Any oil experts can translate on whether I should have anything to worry about engine wise ? Currently experiencing the dreaded hesitant cold start running JAy green 93 tunec6c1ca6491e80cb5cf63215bfef8e151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
your battery is very low, that i know:dogpile::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It never reads low on gauge tho

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your battery is very low, that i know:dogpile::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Have u experienced that symptom of hesitant start before and confirmed the battery ?

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sorry. talking about your phone battery. lol

Hahah u got me. Well hopefully I can get some helpful responses ;-)

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah..i admit..i like to mix it up and go all the way from useful to useless! good luck!

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try a different tune and see if that helps. Are you running some kind of 'performance" air intake,K&N air filter, etc? Those are usually the cause of high silicon numbers on a UOA. Switch back to the factory air box and a high quality paper air filter and that number should drop to near 0.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would try a different tune and see if that helps. Are you running some kind of 'performance" air intake,K&N air filter, etc? Those are usually the cause of high silicon numbers on a UOA. Switch back to the factory air box and a high quality paper air filter and that number should drop to near 0.

I run a vararam cold air intake with their filter . Is that a problem to have silicone that high .

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run a vararam cold air intake with their filter . Is that a problem to have silicone that high .

Its very possible. The problem with most performance intakes/filters is more flow = less filtration. I know its a PITA but switch back for one oil change cycle get another UOA done and see what it looks like then.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its very possible. The problem with most performance intakes/filters is more flow = less filtration. I know its a PITA but switch back for one oil change cycle get another UOA done and see what it looks like then.

But the problem with silicone being high what does that effect? Or just a symptom caused by those filters. I recently did clean it too

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
It is a problem if the silicone is from dust entering your intake and going into the engine. The dust increases engine wear.

dreinert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I included mine, just hit 25k miles so that you can see a near comparison. I don't have any engine noise or issues. Everything is stock except that I added a oil catch can.

Are you running Redline? What oil filter?

I had been running redline but now switched to 5 qts Pennzoil Ultra Platinum & 2 qts Redline. It hasn't changed much other than bring the copper down some more. I haven't found a 100% reason for the high copper levels yet but there was some indication that the high levels of ZDDP in Redline could oxide copper (oil/trans coolers?).

As stated, silicon is essentially dust/sand (gravel roads, construction zones, etc).

I'd think any running or starting issues would be related to the perf mods you have but I don't have the experience to say which.

Dallas

Attachments

• 19 RAM 1500 at 25k miles.pdf
    64 KB · Views: 3