Blind Spot Mirror Placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firefight1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is a question for those of you that have added aftermarket blind spot mirrors.

From the ones I have found so far, wadestar seems like what I will get.
Spottedmirror is nice, but not what I need.

Where do you prefer to place your blind spot mirror - upper or lower corner?

I'm not concerned about blind spots as much as I am about making a turn and making sure the tires don't rub against a curb. I would like to be able to see the front and rear tires.

jf1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lower outer corner - if you put them in the upper corner during the hot season they slowly drift down the mirror due to the adhesive heating up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had a set of those Wadestar mirrors for almost as long as I’ve had my truck and I started out with them in the lower bottom corners but I recently just removed them from that spot to the upper outside corners and so far, I think that’s where I should’ve put them all along.

My idea originally was in hopes to help see down around the tires when backing up but I still found that I’d have to move my mirrors down if that’s what I needed to do so, they just ended up more/less being in the way blocking my vision in the lower outside corners when keeping an eye on traffic because the view was so tiny; and not too mention harder to see in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lower outer corner - if you put them in the upper corner during the hot season they slowly drift down the mirror due to the adhesive heating up.

What?? Never heard of such a claim.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What?? Never heard of such a claim.
You've never heard of this happening?
Yeah me neither, been putting putting stick on spot mirrors in the upper right of the passenger side mirror for many years and hundreds of thousands of miles.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://spottermirror.com/p/dodge/ram-2009-2018-two-axis-spotter-mirror-direct-replacement/
They're on sale for $70 for each side, they're replacement mirrors with an added spot mirror.

Pricey, but damn, I wish I would’ve known about those when I bought them Wadestars. Don’t get me wrong, I like the ones I got but they just make my new mirrors look too much like the tow mirrors on my old 08 which wasn’t too crazy about. Well, they were ok I guess but being that the passenger side mirror was the same as the driver mirror with the unaltered reflection, maybe that’s why I didn’t care for them but at least I can say I like how the new updated tow mirrors are and these replacements make the regular mirrors look just like them even down to the adjustable fisheye mirror.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You've never heard of this happening?
Yeah me neither, been putting putting stick on spot mirrors in the upper right of the passenger side mirror for many years and hundreds of thousands of miles.

Nope, never have. My only guess is that if they’re stuck good enough, and the mirror cleaned good, they shouldn’t move. I have however had one fall off a time or two but never seen one get hot enough to lose adhesion and slide. Lol.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Always lower outer corner for me. Got to have blind spot mirrors, it also helps when you park so you can see if you're centered in the lines. Whenever I get a new truck the first thing I do is put blind spot mirrors on it.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Mine is driver side upper outside corner and it's a round one that's adjustable, came with my truck that way but I'm totally used to it there in fact I like it there.

i find myself looking in the regular mirror lower and if there is something in the blind I can notice the round is not showing the same 'color' lets say.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Lower outer corners, every time.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just got the Wadestar mirrors from Amazon, pleasantly surprised that they're actually glass!
Now just gotta wait 3 months to put them on. :mad:

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had my Wadestar blind spot mirrors since November 2017.
Have them mounted on the upper outside as they give the best useful view.
Having them stay on is all about surface preparation and temperature.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I typically always place them in the lower outside corner.

However, I found with my ram, they work best in the upper outside corner because I have the trailer tow mirrors. So when I flip them out, the upper outside corner becomes the lower outside corner, which is perfect for being able to see where my trailer tires are at when I'm making turns. Bad thing about the OEM tow mirrors is the split blind spot portion is not powered (dumb, Ram please correct that on new trucks) So I usually just leave them set for towing and then use my round blind spots for daily driving.

Works for me. Also in over 4 years of ownership, they've never slid down the mirror in summer heat. As said, if that's happening you either bought a defective mirror or it's an installation error.

Whenever I buy a new vehicle, they are the first thing I install. Being able to see lines backing into a parking space, making lane changes on the highway and what have you are so much easier and safer.

I really appreciate them when I drive someone else's vehicle that doesn't have them.

One of the many great things my dad taught me before he passed.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

jf1000
Yup the same thing happened to my drivers side mirror!

Firefight1981 I have the WadeStar spot mirrors, I run drivers side upper outside corner and passenger side lower outside corner. What I did was put tape on the back of the mirror and stuck on mirror, Moved it till I found the place I liked best !Or If someone is around have stand behind the truck mirror and hold the spot mittor in place till yo find what works for you