Blue halo's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I think if a copper nabbed me for my lights..........I'd go off. LOL

I see ricecakes driving around with their damn blue / purple ****, mine are focused and WHITE. I'd go nutz. :(

Deed

Reaction score
U.S. Navy....so Pretty much anywhere, at any given
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
I think if a copper nabbed me for my lights..........I'd go off. LOL

I see ricecakes driving around with their damn blue / purple ****, mine are focused and WHITE. I'd go nutz. :(

As a former Ricer... I feel what your saying... Once upon a time not long ago My skyline Had tons and tons of Blue light kits under on, in and around the car...for some reason thinking back I thought that was pretty cool at the time...:homoswitch: I never really received any tickets, whenever I did get pulled over, Most of the time they just wanted to check out the car..lol

kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are not allowed in my city, I got pulled over and the cop let me go, he just said I need to put on the real lights because the blue mimics the police, luckily, no ticket for this kid. I think he wanted to hurry up and leave. I was playing Adele. Lol

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

you can have the blue headlights they just cant flash like a cop thats all

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
you can have the blue headlights they just cant flash like a cop thats all

False. This may vary state to state and be left to officer discretion though
***(7)**Steady burning lights. Unauthorized colored, white or clear nonflashing or nonrevolving lights—steady burning lights—may not be used in conjunction with flashing or revolving lights, except for steady burning lights used on emergency vehicles as specified in 75 Pa.C.S. §**4571(a) and (b)(3). These lights, which include flood lights and other steady burning lights, may be used only while the vehicle is stationary, except that a police officer, sheriff or deputy sheriff operating a police or sheriff vehicle may use these lights while the vehicle is in motion, if the lights are used only for the purpose of an emergency, or for the safety of the public or in the enforcement of the law.

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's really no biggy. I'm about to order some jj headlights. I'm about to do a chop for them.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So bottom line, Red or blue flashing or not are not permitted. I can vouch for this personally. When i was younger and more cocky, I was questioned about a set of blue strobes in my headlights i had on while parked. I was told this was illegal and if i did not shut them off i could get cited for impersonating an emergency vehicle. So i sat again another night with blue lights on but turned strobe off. Again the same officer told me that even not flashing the blue lights up front was not legal and was told it was my final warning. So then i decided to be "smart". I sat and turned my hazards on and the cop again arrived and asked whats wrong with my car. I told him nothing i wasnt allowed blue so i used my lights that are factory installed on my vehicle (insert smartass 17 year old smirk to cop here). He then informed me that this was impersonating a vehicle or motorist in distress. I was asked to leave and if i was found there again i would be ticketed. So moral of the story, just dont do it because as i found out basically anything you do, your gonna get **** for. I was in the wrong, the law is the law, i thought my tons of blue lights and flashers and underbody lights were awesome at the time and was just being a kid but the law is the law and you gotta abide by it or pay the consequence.

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can all thank the dumb asses of the world for making this law so strict. The ones who actually use their lights to try to impersonate a cop. Even superstar Bubba Stweart falls in this category. He put some strobes on his truck and thought it would be fun for him and his buddies to pull over a vehicle one night. One problem, the vehicle they tried to stop had four off duty cops inside. :roflsquared: Long story short, Bubba is not as fast on the road as he is in Supercross. Rich guy mugshot = Priceless!!!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
You can all thank the dumb asses of the world for making this law so strict. The ones who actually use their lights to try to impersonate a cop. Even superstar Bubba Stweart falls in this category. He put some strobes on his truck and thought it would be fun for him and his buddies to pull over a vehicle one night. One problem, the vehicle they tried to stop had four off duty cops inside. :roflsquared: Long story short, Bubba is not as fast on the road as he is in Supercross. Rich guy mugshot = Priceless!!!

If you watch him race a few times you'll realize he hardly ever makes good decesions.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know a state trooper, any light from the front that is anything but a yellow halogen or white light is technically illegal. I installed LEDs on his 2008 HONDA CBR 1000 and he came to me for the service. It was pretty cool to meet him and talk about some things.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Colors on bikes such as LEDs on the frame are legal here in PA because they increase visibility and are "safer"

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah. Same here in tx.