Blue halo's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine don't flash. So mine are legal?

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Not necessarily. Part 2 says only if the light if in a headlamp or turn lamp. Etc. yours is in neither. It's behind the grille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I'm off limits? Lol

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't say about Texas but here in Georgia ANY blue or red light on the exterior of the vehicle "that has the ability to flash" is illegal. Which means that the ones in the grill would be illegal. Would I site you for it, probably not. But if I had pulled you and explained the law and saw you again then yes, I would kindly ask for your autograph and give you a nice yellow copy to keep for yourself.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That one and two go with (c) which i believe is talking about a beacon, or flashing light. Im not really sure though, its kinda confusing

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can't say about Texas but here in Georgia ANY blue or red light on the exterior of the vehicle "that has the ability to flash" is illegal. Which means that the ones in the grill would be illegal. Would I site you for it, probably not. But if I had pulled you and explained the law and saw you again then yes, I would kindly ask for your autograph and give you a nice yellow copy to keep for yourself.

That's exactly why I'm keeping the bright lights, the actual lights on.

Deed

Reaction score
U.S. Navy....so Pretty much anywhere, at any given
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
Not necessarily. Part 2 says only if the light if in a headlamp or turn lamp. Etc. yours is in neither. It's behind the grille.

So Blackedouthemi confuses me, I like the set up you have so the real Question is....Is your setup legal in lets say Illinois or Florida, and ill throw in Cali, for good measure, to have, because they are located in the specified places ( ie.. Headlamp,Fog lamp)and not moving?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Florida-
316.2397* Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.

(1)**No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2)**It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections or any county correctional agency may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.

Illinois 12-215(c)-
vehicle operated by a
voluntary firefighter, a voluntary member of a rescue squad, or
a member of a voluntary ambulance unit may be equipped with
flashing white headlights and blue grill lights, which may be
used only in responding to an emergency call or when parked or
stationary at the scene of a fire, rescue call, ambulance call,
or motor vehicle accident.

For california I couldn't find anything that actually says blue but there are tons of restrictions that only allow certain colors in certain directions which pretty much makes blue illegal (vehicle code 25269 says no flahong red lights,25950 gives a long list of the colors facing what direction so I'm not going to quote it)

Here is PAs law which even has definition of different terms just to cover loop holes Pennsylvania Code 67-173 Lighting for Emergency and Authorized Vehicles

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
So Blackedouthemi confuses me, I like the set up you have so the real Question is....Is your setup legal in lets say Illinois or Florida, and ill throw in Cali, for good measure, to have, because they are located in the specified places ( ie.. Headlamp,Fog lamp)and not moving?

He does not drive with his on he uses them for show he can either turn off or switch colors i belive

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7

I live in ga and i drive with all my lights on the hood the halos the grill and mine are white ive passed cops and been behind cops so ya if they are not blue or red you should be fine.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
He does not drive with his on he uses them for show he can either turn off or switch colors i belive

This is correct. I drive with my lights on white. And show with red.

Deed

Reaction score
U.S. Navy....so Pretty much anywhere, at any given
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
Score got it right lol

Oh I see its all clear to me now, Well I'll go with the safe route and just use JJ, I'm sure he wont steer me in the wrong Direction, I'll just stick with the white lights, but I'm very fond of the Angel Eye set up, I like the HID Look, My question is will it be worth adding the Angels with no color, I don't want any tickets.

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm about to order mine, just thinking of good looking headlights.

Don't want to mess up. You know lol

Reesycup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
In nc any blue in operation while on the roadway is illegal

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey in Texas, around my area, your not allowed to have any lights that are colored on where you can see the bulb. Not trying to thread Jack but I got pulled over a month ago and the highway patrol said I had a head light out. So I got out and checked and it was out. Then he proceed to tell me that if my headlights are hids that they are illegal in my year truck( 02 Dodge ram) which they aren't. Just the aftermarket bulbs that have a purple tint to the lights. I didn't know that they were illegal, as I planned on doing projectors like JJ'S in my truck. But I guess not now. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

01DodgeRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive been stopped for the same.. any color lights besides headlights is technically illegal just like only light u can have on the back is red or orange! only if they wanna be D*** heads they give ya a ticket

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just like only light u can have on the back is red or orange! only if they wanna be D*** heads they give ya a ticket

Actually that is covered by federal guidelines set forth by the DOT which trumps all state and local laws.