Bluetooth - No Txt or Email Tones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey all, this may be a setting but ill be darn if I can find it.

I have an iPhone and when I'm linked up to Bluetooth in the truck 8.4a radio. I get no text or email tones. I read that the iPhone is not compatible with the Uconnect text app so I know that is not an option but is there a way to make either the phone or system alert me of text or emails?

It's driving me nuts, a lot of my techs will text me to let me know they're leaving a job etc and I like to know and just glance and see the pop up.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok figured it out in case anyone else reads. On the iPhone it defaults to send all audio over Bluetooth but if you are say listening to fm radio the Bluetooth won't play your text tones etc.

Quick fix when you get in the vehicle and it links up Bluetooth. Just double tap your home button from the lock screen and it will bring up the audio player in the top banner. Click the bottom right icon and select iPhone. Done!

Have to do everytime you get in vehicle and do this while not driving of course but I can't see any other way.

RamAir

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the tip. This was a big annoyance for me as well.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No problem, It's a bit of a pain to do it everytime you get in the truck but once you get in the habit it's not too bad.

NitroRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go in your phone. Settings-->Bluetooth-->UCONNECT

There you will find a button for show notifications. Now your texts will come up on the screen. No other notifications though. It keeps you from looking at them while driving. My 2011 Journey does the same thing except I don't have the option for it to read my texts.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks! They will come up on the phone screen or the radio screen?

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just tried it out and it comes up on the screen and I can reply as well! How in the world does Uconnect tell me that it is not supported I have no idea. I think it's all still too new. Thanks!

NitroRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just tried it out and it comes up on the screen and I can reply as well! How in the world does Uconnect tell me that it is not supported I have no idea. I think it's all still too new. Thanks!

Your welcome. I haven't got it to actually send them yet. It says they send but no one ever gets them. It's weird.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just found that out too, I can get it to recognize the send message command, it hears my speech great and reads back the message etc but noone ever gets the message. Once that feature starts working it will be great!