Bogging on 2-3 & 3-4 Shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I'm tuned on 93 HF on a 6 speed RFE with the mods below in my signature.

If I am in the select-able gear mode (slap-shift or triptronic or any other term for it) and I am at WOT my truck will shift at redline 1-2 like butter and sounds like sex doing so.

NOW

If I keep the hammer down (gets kinda hairy and might be going too fast anyways but stay with me) and get to 2nd gear redline It will basically bog and bounce of the redline which is scary and you need to force it to shift up or at least I won't try and find out how long (if ever) it will take to shift on its own.

It also does this 3-4 (don't judge me I am addicted to speed :crazy:).

Anyone else ever have this happen? Should I be concerned or is there some preventative maintenance I need to do or check out in-case there is something larger causing this? Any advice is appreciated so throw it all at me.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What rpm are you trying to shift at, and what is your rev limiter set to? You are probably just over revving it and banging off the rev limiter.

OP
OP
Canadian_Ram

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its the stock tune as sent to me by HemiFever with only MDS turned off and the wheel size adjusted.

So the RPM he set. I have yet to send him a Log because I had to run 91 all weekend and I want to Log the 93 tune.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Are you starting in first gear and then manually upshifting into each next gear? Unless you asked Sean to set you up with a much higher rev limiter, I would not shift higher than about 6100rpms. If you want to rev it up for the track, let him know that, and he can set you up with higher shift points and rev limiters. I run mine all the way up to about 6700 at the track.

OP
OP
Canadian_Ram

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like to manually upshift yes.

So I'm assuming my problem is that the manual system is not like the manual system in my car. It doesn't like being run to redline and forced to shift on its own?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
These trucks will not shift on their own unless you have the gear selector in a higher gear. If you start your run in 3rd gear, then it will make the 1-2 and 2-3 shift on its own, but it will not shift into any gear higher than what you have selected. If you start in first gear, then you need to manually upshift each gear as you get close to 6000rpms.

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're banging off the rev limiter it will bog slightly between shifts, my best times shifting manual was at 5600 rpm

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These trucks will not shift on their own unless you have the gear selector in a higher gear. If you start your run in 3rd gear, then it will make the 1-2 and 2-3 shift on its own, but it will not shift into any gear higher than what you have selected. If you start in first gear, then you need to manually upshift each gear as you get close to 6000rpms.

Matt, I don't know why but I can leave mine in 1st and it will shift on it's own through 3rd. I can do the 1/4 without manually shifting. Haven't tried 3-4. Not in my tunes, does it with AJ'S and Yohans. Weird but it's great, hopefully not broken.

Last edited: