Bolt on power for towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you want a add on for your truck that will give you more torque & will not void your warranty on your truck. Check into a Pro Charger. That make them for just about all trucks. It's going to run you about $7000.00. But will not void your warranty if installed by a Pro Charger shop. Good Luck.
Yeah good luck (and better have a good attorney) with getting any engine or transmission warranty through Ram after adding a supercharger. Your not only are parts being changed but reprogramming the operations of the ECM(after unlocking).
The closest to an add-on supercharger covered under the factory warranty is the Roush supercharger for the Ford V-8 trucks, but I don't think the OP is going to sell his truck to add a supercharger.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As others have said, these engines are running just about as well as they can possibly run right out of the box. Simple bolt-ons will give you more sound and might look cool under the hood, but that's pretty much it. The only way you are going to gain significant amounts of power is through forced induction, which is pretty pricey and there goes your warranty.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Don't waste your money on an ecodiesel either. They're discontinued for a reason and good luck with no support, parts and service in the future, never mind resale on a dead engine. Especially 2nd gen, run far away from them, 3rd gen you're still begging for trouble. There are much better options available in the half ton space, the GM 3.0 duramax for a start.
It's not discontinued per my local dealership - there's a stop sale on them. I forget what issue they are having but there is a problem with something, and until they have parts to fix it they can't sell them. Which means Ram probably took the option off the website.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's not discontinued per my local dealership - there's a stop sale on them. I forget what issue they are having but there is a problem with something, and until they have parts to fix it they can't sell them. Which means Ram probably took the option off the website.

Nope, they're 100% discontinued. Ram is not selling them anymore, they specificially mentioned this a while back and said "get them while you can". That time has passed. They're done. Finished, pining for the Fjords.

Creditcardguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
The last ecodiesel’s were made in Jan 23. There was a stop sale on new ones due to a fuel filter problem. Many dealers still had some on their lot, unable to sell. Recently saw some new ones for sale on car gurus, not sure if the stop sale is over.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The last ecodiesel’s were made in Jan 23. There was a stop sale on new ones due to a fuel filter problem. Many dealers still had some on their lot, unable to sell. Recently saw some new ones for sale on car gurus, not sure if the stop sale is over.
That sounds like what I was told several weeks ago. My local dealer has a black one, very beautiful truck, sitting inside their showroom that they can't sell (or couldn't as of 3 weeks ago).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517