Bought my truck a lil sister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Finally paid off my 2012 Sport ... Bought the wife a Grand Cherokee Upland ... Pretty nice vehicle ... V6 is stout, and there is a button to turn that VVT Stop-Go ********a363b1d1c6fb76f2f02cef2a65a810d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nice! There is a button to turn off the VVT? My wife would love to know how to do that.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks great congrats! I do love white the best!

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice! There is a button to turn off the VVT? My wife would love to know how to do that.

Yup ... Right under the center screen ... You have to push it every time you start, but it’s worth it ... Big deal, so it’s a 2 button start sequence ... I suppose you’d get used to it, but we don’t like it ... I laughed when the salesman said it’s not that hard on the starter ...

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. We have a '17 Limited, and also had an '11 Laredo. They are the perfect all-weather vehicle. We too hate the Start/Stop, and disable it on every start-up. One can purchase a $130 device to remember the settings, but we can hit the button quite a few times for that much money. There's lots of info on Jeep Garage...

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Finally paid off my 2012 Sport ... Bought the wife a Grand Cherokee Upland ... Pretty nice vehicle ... V6 is stout, and there is a button to turn that VVT Stop-Go ********

LMAO...VVT (variable valve timing) and start-stop are two very different systems lol. They have nothing to do with the other, other than the fact they are both part of the engine control system. There should be a button on the dash to turn it off after you start the vehicle, if memory serves on the giant screen cars it's in the options menu; try (heaven forbid) the owners manual lol.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
LMAO...VVT (variable valve timing) and start-stop are two very different systems lol. They have nothing to do with the other, other than the fact they are both part of the engine control system. There should be a button on the dash to turn it off after you start the vehicle, if memory serves on the giant screen cars it's in the options menu; try (heaven forbid) the owners manual lol.

Just got it last nite ... Far from figuring it all out ... Thanks for the correction on the VVT ... The button for the Start-Stop is definitely on the dash ... The salesman hit it for my wife on her test drive ... Our newest vehicle is my 2012 Ram ... Lots to learn on this new one ... I can only hope to be as knowledgeable as you some day

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks great. We have a '17 Limited, and also had an '11 Laredo. They are the perfect all-weather vehicle. We too hate the Start/Stop, and disable it on every start-up. One can purchase a $130 device to remember the settings, but we can hit the button quite a few times for that much money. There's lots of info on Jeep Garage...

Thank you ... There is a lot to learn ... This thing is a rolling computer ... We’re in OH, so Winters can suck ... The wife went for the Upland over the Altitude because of the AT vs the HT tires, and she liked the tow hooks for some reason ... Lol ... A rare sensible woman when it comes to cars

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When faced with the impossible, I typically reach for a beer ...

Can't ever go wrong there

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk