Bugout & Ready for War Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a reason you didn't see riots in Florida like you did in a lot of northern states. That doesn't fly down here. It's not tolerated. In Pensacola they had a peace rally that lasted about a week. Everything was just fine. It was truly a peaceful demonstration. Then one day they started blocking the streets. They blocked a major bridge as well. Word got around that some "professionals" from Atlanta came down and stirred things up. That didn't go over well. Police broke that up very quickly. I live in a small community on the other side of that bridge. The local news reported that their intent was to block the bridge and walk across it into our little town. Well, it took about 30 minutes before we had a fairly large volunteer group that was going to go meet them at the bridge. It was remarkable how quickly things started to organize. Anyway, the protest was disbursed after a couple of hours of blocking the streets. But I'll tell you this, when the SHTF I know my town will rally.

Not Pensacola, but: Think Grady Judd, Mike Chitwood, Wayne Ivey.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Let's get back on topic here, gents, and avoid making this thread a political diatribe.
This thread has totally been on topic. The question was about a SHTF situation. Kind of left it up for interpretation....Covid apocalypse, nuclear war, foreign invasion, Antifa protest spreading into your neighborhood...they all have political underpinnings.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
In the area I live in, there is Oak Ridge Nuclear Plant, and about a half dozen nuclear generating facilities, so if a nuke war happens, I don't see much possibility of surviving it. Fallout from a war of that type would make anything above ground deadly for consumption, and the radiation level would be so high as to make it impossible to grow your own food for years. Don't think anyone other than the government would have the capability of stockpiling the essentials needed for long term survival. Hope it never happens, but with one particular leader of a certain country involved in a "special military operation" against a neighboring country, you never know.
There was a TV show in England called "Threads" about a nuclear strike on England. It was done in the 80's but it is superb. Really makes you think about what happens after. At the time it was considered one of the most terrifying shows ever on TV.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This thread has totally been on topic. The question was about a SHTF situation. Kind of left it up for interpretation....Covid apocalypse, nuclear war, foreign invasion, Antifa protest spreading into your neighborhood...they all have political underpinnings.

I would disagree. What started as a discussion about trucks evolved, in part, to include political commentary which is clearly not in keeping with the forum rules. The political content was not the original topic.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm planning on sheltering in place unless it gets too dangerous to stay. We camp/hunt/fish so we have a substantial amount of gear that can obviously be repurposed to "survivial". We stock a small amount of canned goods, enough for a week. It's things we normally use, so it gets rotated.
In my truck I just keep basic essentials. A few bottles of water, a couple blankets, a jacket, extra ammo for my EDC, flashlights, knives, paracord, Lifestraw, and a first aid kit. If I had to, I could probably get us packed for a week+ and head to our camp in 20 minutes. 30 if I wanted the ATV and some extra stuff.
I keep some actual survival items in my hunting pack, like H2O tabs, fire starters, collapsible water bottles, extra Lifestraw, paracord, and probably things I forgot I even put in there lol.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 100 is a pretty good post-apocalyptic TV series. The later seasons got kinda weird, but it's still pretty good.

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
Honestly we plan to shelter in place. We have a small stockpile of non-perishable food kits and meals, water, ammunition and weapons to last us a few months if we survived initial strikes. I would then head to a national forest that boundaries water for longer term hunter/gatherer living with a small RV for sustainment. Would likely be a one way trip with fuel if we made it. Not doing anything specifically for the vehicle as I imagine vehicles will quickly become useless with no gas production, pumps offline and likely picked over due to panic long before I left my house.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was a TV show in England called "Threads" about a nuclear strike on England. It was done in the 80's but it is superb. Really makes you think about what happens after. At the time it was considered one of the most terrifying shows ever on TV.

I never heard of it or saw it, but if one has the ability to reason, one should know the survivability of such an occurrence is practically non existent. Even government stockpiles would run out at some point, and anyone who managed to get into a lead lined facility would eventually starve to death. I would rather go out with the initial blast than to face what life would be like in the aftermath.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I never heard of it or saw it, but if one has the ability to reason, one should know the survivability of such an occurrence is practically non existent. Even government stockpiles would run out at some point, and anyone who managed to get into a lead lined facility would eventually starve to death. I would rather go out with the initial blast than to face what life would be like in the aftermath.
Exactly. You should watch the show. It's pretty good.

lobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 c.i.
The Ukraine has about 3 to 4 days of fuel left. Better make sure your bug out vehicle has some fuel.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Lawn chair and sunglasses are all I need
Life is hard enough now, sure wont want to hang around and see this aftermath !!
I agree, but they are rushing the timing and I for one will not live under their "Management". I have been to Germany and visited one of the camps. I also study history and know what kind of evil man can dream up...

Spudgunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Another name for those who "bug-out" is "refugees". And in wartime that always works well for those who select that option :rolleyes:. IMO, those who prep for "bugging-in" will do better in many scenarios than those who become refugees. One potential exception is for those who are bugging-out due to wildfire. That probably makes the best sense in that particular scenario.

OP
OP
RandyMarionCDJR

RandyMarionCDJR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
There's a reason you didn't see riots in Florida like you did in a lot of northern states. That doesn't fly down here. It's not tolerated. In Pensacola they had a peace rally that lasted about a week. Everything was just fine. It was truly a peaceful demonstration. Then one day they started blocking the streets. They blocked a major bridge as well. Word got around that some "professionals" from Atlanta came down and stirred things up. That didn't go over well. Police broke that up very quickly. I live in a small community on the other side of that bridge. The local news reported that their intent was to block the bridge and walk across it into our little town. Well, it took about 30 minutes before we had a fairly large volunteer group that was going to go meet them at the bridge. It was remarkable how quickly things started to organize. Anyway, the protest was disbursed after a couple of hours of blocking the streets. But I'll tell you this, when the SHTF I know my town will rally.
Pensacola? I will be relocating close to there sometime at the start of next year. Lol good to know community stands together out that way!

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Pensacola? I will be relocating close to there sometime at the start of next year. Lol good to know community stands together out that way!
With NAS Pensacola, Hurlburt Field, and Eglin AFB all basically in the same area we really don't see a lot of nonsense here. Huge population of military, former military and retired military in this area. Same with San Diego. You don't see a lot of craziness out in SD like you do in LA and SF. Massive military population in SD county and the surrounding area.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Amen... 2nd that...

Expecting to go out on the FIRST load.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I thought there would be at least a few bad ass, ready to roll rigs??? Nuthin but talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.