Bull Bar, Ranch Hand, any other aftermarket front end protection????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Handy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a side bar, the various replacement bumpers weigh in between 200 and 400 pounds, what are "yous guys" doing to keep the front end level or at stock height? Pucks? New Springs? Wonder if ACOS are available for the Rams?

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I was worried about that prior to ARB install... so I bought the +1.5” Thuren springs. But after taking the winch cradle out and swapping to a synthetic winch line, I was actually tail-low... so I then added 1” spacers in rear to level it out.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
how heavy do you think that winch cable is anyways?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was worried about that prior to ARB install... so I bought the +1.5” Thuren springs. But after taking the winch cradle out and swapping to a synthetic winch line, I was actually tail-low... so I then added 1” spacers in rear to level it out.

I cant imagine the cable weighing much more than 30 pounds or something. That would have less effect than having a passenger riding with you. It made the tail end low?!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a side bar, the various replacement bumpers weigh in between 200 and 400 pounds, what are "yous guys" doing to keep the front end level or at stock height? Pucks? New Springs? Wonder if ACOS are available for the Rams?

I wouldnt think there would be much of an issue with sagging. When my 170 pound ass stands on my front bumper, I dont notice the front drop at all.

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I cant imagine the cable weighing much more than 30 pounds or something. That would have less effect than having a passenger riding with you. It made the tail end low?!

Well, I imagine cradle plus cable were at least twice that... but still doesn’t add up to a passenger. More to do with the 350+ pounds of rack/tent/37” spare out back!

My understanding is that with no other changes, adding the Thuren +1.5” spring gets you pretty much dead nuts level.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I switched out all my PW winches to 16.5 warns. Even my second gens have that size winch

AC Davidson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think a ranch hand bumper would provide better protection and it looks good. I had a ranch hand on my 2012 Cummins. I think it makes your truck look menacing.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah it would be nice to see some guards on the 5th Gen Wagons.....I've been contemplating it as well when i get mine.

HW285PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m going out on a limb and ordering the ranch hand full replacement winch bumper, I’ll report back with any fitment issues etc. once it’s installed.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread. But, did the 16.5 Winch fit in the PW Cradle ?
No. Has to be mounted foot forward. Factory one does not, if I remember correctly. I know it is wider. Which also caused the mounts to me moved forward.

Brandonian85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The ranch hand has holes in it for the sensors and factory fog lights already which is nice. I’ll post back with any issues though once it arrives and install begins.
So you don't have to relocate the sensors?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The GO Industries Guard also has holes for the sensors, but they are for relocating them forward. Sensors these days are IR, which broadcast a wide beam, catching the guard edges.

I chose not to relocate my sensors, and turned them off. Hell, we survived 100+ years without the damned things.