Bumper Hitch problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ondgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
I purchased an aftermarket bumper with no mention of it fitting with an OEM hitch in the description. It just says will fit all 2019 to 2022 RAM 1500's. I received the bumper and was reading the instructions. It says "this bumper will not fit with oem hitch". They then give one of their hitches that will fit for another $350.00 bucs. Great, thanks for telling me. My question is why wont it fit and has anyone else had this issue. Sometimes its an easy fix that can be fixed with a little mod or am I stuck buying another hitch? Thnx in advance.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be as simple as a notch to go around the factory hitch or it might be an interference issue with the mounting points, hard to say without you trying to fit it up and seeing what doesn't work.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Saw-zall or the wheel of death should be able to adjust what’s in the way. Got pics ?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always email the company if the product description isn't clear to me to verify my concerns before I spend the money on it only to find out it wasn't what I expected. With that said, it's hard to answer your question without seeing the product. Before you start mounting it or cutting it I would email or call the company and ask your questions. See if they have what you're looking for that it's compatible with the factory bumper hitch

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
As a new member, welcome to the forum. That said, you ask a question without even telling us make and model of the bumper. How in the heck is anyone supposed to provide an answer that makes any kind of sense. Like the others said, call the comapny that made it, they clearly know the difference between their two bumpers.

OP
OP
O

Ondgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
I did call the company and they told me what I thought they would. It’s a mounting and blocking issue and I could buy their hitch that would fit. I’ve done a lot of fab work on off road race vehicles so I can always make something fit but just though I could save time if anyone else had the issue. I thought I was on the 5th gen thread so didn’t give the year and model but I’m still learning the nav on this forum. I’ll dig in and custom fit the hitch. Thanks for the responses.