Bumper Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I have a 2004 QCSB. Pictured here.
upload_2019-2-9_15-53-19.png

I like the style of the chrome and body color bumper, but I like the sport bumper more and would like to do a conversion. I'd like to know what kind of fabrication would be involved if any and a rough estimate of what it would cost to have a bumper painted black to match the truck.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can speak a little bit about this having done something similar. I went from OEM "Sport Bumper Cover" color matched to the trucks red paint to a SRT-10 bumper cover color matched to the truck red paint. This was on a 2003 SLT, Quad Cab, 5.7 machine.

What I did was to find a Mopar parts web site which pictured the exploded view of the stock trucks front end. I printed out copies of the diagrams and part#'s.

I then did the same for the SRT-10 front end. This gave me a basic look-see at what would be required to swing from one to the other.

Of note: I had to have the "Sport Bumper" on the truck already (and I did,..it was the stock install) which would allow the SRT-10 parts to fit and bolt up.

If I did not have that "Sport Bumper" set up (as your picture shows...you have the chrome bumper parts) I would have had to do some steel change out for the actual steel bumper that hides beneath the plastic bumper cover.

It took a rather long time for me to do my research, with the help of other "swingers" but I did get a factory like install of the SRT-10 front bumper cover to my truck. The paint matching was done by my local body shop along with a SRT-10 hood, front fender touch up, new box sides, new tail gate install. All the paint work ran to about 2500.00can dollars.

The info is out there via the parts department exploded view diagrams, but you must do a google search and ask questions (as you have done here) to firm up the job at hand.

Based on my dated info (hopefully my memory isn't shot), and given your current OEM front end set up,...it may be rather involved to do the swap....and I'm just guessing at that. To bad your not closer,..I've got the "Sport Bumper" cover that I took off my 03 in extremely good condition that you could have for cheap, if in fact it would fit the 04 model.

Inclosing: It is possible that you will need all the connective "filler pieces" which sit in the leading edges of the wheel wells to allow the sport bumper cover to attach to. This makes for that "factory like" install which keep the wheel wells water/weather tight and the install free of "flapping in the wind" parts.

This may not be much help but....

T.

Copy of DSC01200.JPG

RAMnRepsol2017.jpg

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You need the cover and the sport bumper support. The SRT bumper uses the same support as the sport bumper.