Bumpstop upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Ok guys who's running upgraded bumpstops?

Brand, part# feedback?

Looking at the timbren products. I'd like to stay around $400 total for front and rear.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What steered me away from Timbrens was people reporting a harsh ride if the load doesn't squat the truck enough to keep the bump stop in contact with the axle.
If your looking for better weight handling capability, consider airbags or upgraded springs.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
What steered me away from Timbrens was people reporting a harsh ride if the load doesn't squat the truck enough to keep the bump stop in contact with the axle.
If your looking for better weight handling capability, consider airbags or upgraded springs.

My goal is to improve the ride both on and off road. Makes sense though about the zero load.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If your looking to improve the ride, bump stops are not what your looking for. Look into an aftermarket shocks and/or suspension set up. Probably the least expensive route is a new set of shocks, look at Rancho, Fox or Bilstein.
Some of the more mentioned suspension systems are from King, Icon and Thuren but they blow your budget fast.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On 4wd DS 1500's the front bumpstop is integrated in the strut, Timbrens does make a bracket mounted front bumpstop but it appears to be marketed for plowing or other commercial/agricultural purposes where large amounts of weight are added to the vehicle, rather than ride improvement.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bumpstop aftermarket for the 4th gean RAM 1500 seems focused only on extra load support. You won' get a better ride on/offroad with harder rubber bumpstops or air bags.
Look into the offroad performance suspension market to improve the ride. King,Icon,Fox,Dirtlogic,Falcon all have a solution depending on budget/desired lift etc, etc. If you wanted even more after that you have to weld brackets to mount hydraulic bumpstops or go with a full long travel kit that may include the hyd cans. My truck rides like a Cadi even on 37's without hyd cans. i'll add them if we had them available as a bolt-on to supplement what i have, but for now is only a dream.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Running Bilstein 5100's spec'd to the Maxtrac 7"F4.5"R

Going to a reservoir bilstein rear shock.

Still trying to figure it a 2wd coilover conversion. The front coil buckets need cut/weld to accept them. 4wd Lower control arms would replace the 2wd version to accept the new coilover

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
20191107_112033.jpg

This stock bumpstop isn't cutting it.

It looks like it'll be trial and error with these till I find some I like.

Not going the hydraulic route yet but it may be possible on the future.

20191104_154437.jpg

Troy Gillis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SumoSprings caught my eye. I like that they are always in contact with the suspension, with a constant forceback, than the idea of a sudden thudd when bottomed out.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got done putting the blue sumo's on and taking them out for a test run. I did not use the plastic spacer so I've got a little bit of room between them and the axle with the Bilstein 1" springs and the TGC .75" spacer. Didn't really lose too much in the way of articulation, but the 315's are just a little bit further out from the liners with a good bit of weight transferred back into a rear corner. Hitting ruts or rowdy rural RR crossings at speed is quite a bit bitter than bottoming on the stock ones. They are a bit noticeable, but not really harsh on the engagement just can feel it firm up as they compress. I imagine a lighter truck might be a bit rougher with them, but I'm happy with em for what they are without changing springs yet again or fabricating something for cans. Once I get my kings installed for more down travel along with the Daystay 1" spacers I should have my articulation back past the little bit I lost with the bigger stops.

as for the color... they'll be brown soon enough so it didn't really bother me.

9936C3EA-A9F9-4DE0-ACA2-DA964E3D6461_1_105_c.jpeg

9E36C0D2-B441-429D-B484-76FF994556FC_1_105_c.jpeg

B482ED00-B385-45F0-AA6B-56B765D0F630_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I just got done putting the blue sumo's on and taking them out for a test run. I did not use the plastic spacer so I've got a little bit of room between them and the axle with the Bilstein 1" springs and the TGC .75" spacer. Didn't really lose too much in the way of articulation, but the 315's are just a little bit further out from the liners with a good bit of weight transferred back into a rear corner. Hitting ruts or rowdy rural RR crossings at speed is quite a bit bitter than bottoming on the stock ones. They are a bit noticeable, but not really harsh on the engagement just can feel it firm up as they compress. I imagine a lighter truck might be a bit rougher with them, but I'm happy with em for what they are without changing springs yet again or fabricating something for cans. Once I get my kings installed for more down travel along with the Daystay 1" spacers I should have my articulation back past the little bit I lost with the bigger stops.

as for the color... they'll be brown soon enough so it didn't really bother me.

View attachment 187734

View attachment 187735

View attachment 187736

This helps so much! I appreciate your feedback and pics! This will be my next upgrade.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This helps so much! I appreciate your feedback and pics! This will be my next upgrade.

With that 4.5" rear lift you'll probably want to use the spacer thing they come with that makes the bumpstop 1" longer for constant load support on a stock truck. Depending on where you want to limit up travel you might even need a bottom pad like the ones @ram1500rsm is running.

These things are far from perfect, but for me with the softer Billstein springs and the extra weight they seem much better without the effort of bumpcans. Not bad at all for re-purposing a product designed for load support.

Here's where mine's sitting in current form :

2bbc0e4963fef10e7f72081ec4794263.jpg

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
With that 4.5" rear lift you'll probably want to use the spacer thing they come with that makes the bumpstop 1" longer for constant load support on a stock truck. Depending on where you want to limit up travel you might even need a bottom pad like the ones @ram1500rsm is running.

These things are far from perfect, but for me with the softer Billstein springs and the extra weight they seem much better without the effort of bumpcans. Not bad at all for re-purposing a product designed for load support.

Here's where mine's sitting in current form :

2bbc0e4963fef10e7f72081ec4794263.jpg

I was looking at a company that made bracket extensions. Should compliment nicely. Thanks guys