Buying wheels from wrecked truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so...found a good deal on a set of wheels and tires. They came off a truck that got hit and totaled. Wheels look flawless, truck only had 7,000 miles on it.

Would you avoid them? Obviously I’d check best I can for cracks and other damage. Would you take a chance or pass? I totaled a Silverado and the wheels were just fine.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
As long as the wheels weren’t hit and they can balance

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It would be tough not to spot damage with just a quick visual of the wheels/tires.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2014 was totaled and the wheels were fine.

It really depends where the truck was hit. You can always have the wheel runout checked at a tire and wheel shop.

big_mabs_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so...found a good deal on a set of wheels and tires. They came off a truck that got hit and totaled. Wheels look flawless, truck only had 7,000 miles on it.

Would you avoid them? Obviously I’d check best I can for cracks and other damage. Would you take a chance or pass? I totaled a Silverado and the wheels were just fine.
I work at a wheel and tire shop, depending on the price I’d try to get them, if they look good and untouched from the wreck chances are everything is good. I would call around to a tire shop and see if they have a water dunk tank that will reveal bubble if there were to be a crack or other leaking damage done to the wheels