Cabin Air Filter for 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, in preparation for installing a new Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX Stereo, I have most of the dash ripped out so I can get to things easily. I've had a few things that I wanted to do to this truck for a while and just haven't gotten around to doing them. I just finished doing a LED upgrade on all the lights (minus the headlights - that's coming). If you haven't upgraded to LEDs, I highly suggest you get that checked off your list soonest. The difference it literally amazing. Anyway, I digress. I purchased the cabin air filter kit a few months ago. Since I had everything torn apart, I figured it was high time I installed it. I know, this has been done to death...but I haven't documented it yet.
Filter1.png

And here the upper and lower glove boxes are removed for easy access.
Filter2.png

Here's the area where the air filter kit goes.
Filter3.png

My RAM didn't come with one, so I had to install it. You need to Dremel (if that is a verb) out the space inside the raised area.
Filter4.png

My Dremel wouldn't reach the entire space, so I used a sharp box cutter to remove the rest.
Filter5.png

I cleaned the rest of this up with the box cutter and then installed this air filter. Made in USA!!!!!
Filter6.png

Air filter inserted and ready for the cover.
Filter7.png

Cover snapped into place, it looks factory. It was a little tricky to get both sides snapped in place. The trick is to get the right side snapped first (because it's harder to get to) and then snap in the left side. Fits like a glove!
Filter8.png

One more project off the list. Next is installing the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX Stereo (post soon to follow). I thought I had ordered everything, but apparently missed the actual installation kit. I'll start posting that effort starting next weekend. I had to order the install kit and Satellite radio antenna from Crutchfield. Should be in by Thursday.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Well, in preparation for installing a new Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX Stereo, I have most of the dash ripped out so I can get to things easily. I've had a few things that I wanted to do to this truck for a while and just haven't gotten around to doing them. I just finished doing a LED upgrade on all the lights (minus the headlights - that's coming). If you haven't upgraded to LEDs, I highly suggest you get that checked off your list soonest. The difference it literally amazing. Anyway, I digress. I purchased the cabin air filter kit a few months ago. Since I had everything torn apart, I figured it was high time I installed it. I know, this has been done to death...but I haven't documented it yet.
View attachment 487013

And here the upper and lower glove boxes are removed for easy access.
View attachment 487014

Here's the area where the air filter kit goes.
View attachment 487015

My RAM didn't come with one, so I had to install it. You need to Dremel (if that is a verb) out the space inside the raised area.
View attachment 487016

My Dremel wouldn't reach the entire space, so I used a sharp box cutter to remove the rest.
View attachment 487017

I cleaned the rest of this up with the box cutter and then installed this air filter. Made in USA!!!!!
View attachment 487018

Air filter inserted and ready for the cover.
View attachment 487021

Cover snapped into place, it looks factory. It was a little tricky to get both sides snapped in place. The trick is to get the right side snapped first (because it's harder to get to) and then snap in the left side. Fits like a glove!
View attachment 487022

One more project off the list. Next is installing the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX Stereo (post soon to follow). I thought I had ordered everything, but apparently missed the actual installation kit. I'll start posting that effort starting next weekend. I had to order the install kit and Satellite radio antenna from Crutchfield. Should be in by Thursday.
It still astounds me some of the things that Chrysler/Dodge/Stellantis cheaped out on to save a couple bucks, that just makes you shake your head and say ‘really? Couldn’t just put the engine cover on, or cabin air filter door and filter?” (Or insert missing option where the other parts are installed anyways but missing the one thing lol). I think I’ll do this cabin air filter and door once it gets warmer out, seems like it would be a nice out of sight out of kind upgrade that would be noticeable by everyone nose and comfort when it’s done.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
nice work. I looked into doing this to mine but it was already available. Not sure if it's because of year. 2018 tradesman eco