Cabin Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js12278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can tell you you’ll notice a big difference in dust and stank in your cab. I recommend the fram fresh breeze. I’m sure Simone will say Wix, Fram sucks

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just changed mine after a full year. Too early to tell if it'll reduce contaminants, but my prime passenger swears the fan output is higher.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 87183 miles.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Well, my thinking was my 2017 regular cab /all regular cab trucks didn't have one and I never bothered to check and see until now.

I went out and pulled the glove box door and there in all of it's "radiant glory" is the access door for the cabin air filter.

And upon removing the access door, there it was, almost seven years sitting in that little cubby hole, an filthy cabin air filter.

I'll be replacing it real soon with a new one.

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I found I can buy OEM cabin air filters, also the engine air filter, at the Mopar Wholesale outlet here in Edmonton quite a bit cheaper than I can buy Fram et al on amazon or anywhere else. Change mine about every 18 months but truck dooesn't get driven a lot. Only has 7,000 miles after 2 years. The Jeep gets a new one every 8-12 months. Same 2 years it has 50,000 miles.

Last edited:

El Guapo Phil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I change mine every 10k miles. If I am in a dusty area, the change is sooner.
If I see dust on the dashboard, it is time to check the cabin filter. I usually use the cheaper brand.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I found I can buy OEM cabin air filters, also the engine air filter, at the Mopar Wholesale outlet here in Edmonton quite a bit cheaper than I can buy Fram et al on amazon or anywhere else. Change mine about every 18 months but truck dooesn't get driven a lot. Only has 7,000 miles after 2 years. The Jeep gets a new one every 8-12 months. Same 2 years it has 50,000 miles.
I did not know there was a Mopar store, havn't been up there for last 12 yrs, sounds like a place where you buy a fiter, and then find $1000.oo of stuff you did not know that you needed till you seen it. I have that problem with tools and guns .

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I did not know there was a Mopar store, havn't been up there for last 12 yrs, sounds like a place where you buy a fiter, and then find $1000.oo of stuff you did not know that you needed till you seen it. I have that problem with tools and guns .
The online wholesale is actually delivered at Great West Chrysler. I think it is part their operation, just run online.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are these filters the same for all the years say '09 to like '18-'19 or beyond?...reason I ask is I always forget write down my number or save the box lid...then I goto oreillys autzone whoever and it always shows nothing due to "it didn't come on mine back then" according to whoever is behind the counter.i usually don't go to these places for this specific reason..just when I'm there I think... I should pick one up for next.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Are these filters the same for all the years say '09 to like '18-'19 or beyond?...reason I ask is I always forget write down my number or save the box lid...then I goto oreillys autzone whoever and it always shows nothing due to "it didn't come on mine back then" according to whoever is behind the counter.i usually don't go to these places for this specific reason..just when I'm there I think... I should pick one up for next.

I bought an FRAM day before yesterday at Walmart and searching for the Cabin Air Filter replacement part number, they are all the same from model years 2012 to present.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Canadian Tire puts the Fram fresh breeze cabin filters on sale fairly often,and it's tough to beat their sale price on them.They have them on sale this week for about $15 ,the trucks take CF10729

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I've never changed mine since I bought the truck new in Jan 2020
I am with you. Bought mine Dec '18 and have not yet changed the cabin filter.

Although - I had to use A/C once this year already but with recirc on due to pollen. Truck smelled like old dirty dog until I could open the windows again - so, um, I'm thinking it is now time to change the filter. (It's either that or Diesel never gets to ride in the truck again. His fur gets EVERYWHERE!)

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I am with you. Bought mine Dec '18 and have not yet changed the cabin filter.

Although - I had to use A/C once this year already but with recirc on due to pollen. Truck smelled like old dirty dog until I could open the windows again - so, um, I'm thinking it is now time to change the filter. (It's either that or Diesel never gets to ride in the truck again. His fur gets EVERYWHERE!)
It's kind of a pain in the butt to change the filter. Watch a couple of YouTubes before you try.