Cargo Bed Camera 2019 RAM 2500HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce Booker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
I just purchased a 2019 RAM 2500 HD. I told the dealer that I wanted it to tow a 5th wheel. The truck came with the tailgate camera...no problems. I was told that we could get the cargo bed camera installed later after the sale. Yesterday I called the dealer and was directed to Accessories. They told me that the 2019 RAM 2500HD does not have a Cargo Bed camera because the manufacturer could not get it to work with that model...something about software not working. Well, I really need a Cargo Bed camera to easily back up to the 5th wheel and get it hitched up.

What can I do? Is there a non-RAM Cargo Bed camera that would work? If so, which?

Thank you for your help.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Barfnick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 2500HD Laramie and it came with the cargo camera, so it is an option at least. Maybe it is the radio portion that makes it not available? I have the 8.4" w/nav.

skillzzs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’m sure you could buy the third brake light with integrated camera from FCA and then wire the camera to an aftermarket screen. The camera is RGB, and interfaces to the camera module under the driver side front seat. Not sure what trim line you bought, but that is how my ‘19 Limited 2500 is setup.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well back in 2014 when I bought my loaded to the gills dually Laramie longhorn, you couldn't get the bed camera and the automatic dimming headlights together? So yes, there was a way to add the oem light/camera piece but it involved hardware and then a software component, plus a special wiring harness that needed to be run. Was going to be like $500 for the setup. So I went with an aftermarket generic wired back up camera off ebay, with its own in cab monitor for like $50 for the whole system. Works great, even has night capability. But it doesnt run thru the in dash screen.

Fast forward to 2018, and my newest truck has both cameras (tailgate, and bed). Go figure I wont be using this vehicle for the RV towing duty.