Cargo Camera Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zakariah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 2500 5.7 Mega Cab Laramie

Came with cargo camera and rear view camera mirror.

Before updating my POS uConnect 8.4 system to a newer firmware I could view my cargo camera whilst reversing/backing up.

Since the update I can’t, and it also only shows it for a few seconds if I click onto it whilst driving.

Any way I can change it so that when I backup it shows the cargo camera on the uConnect and the rear view in the mirror? It worked like that before the update.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Before updating my POS uConnect 8.4 system to a newer firmware I could view my cargo camera whilst reversing/backing up.

Since the update I can’t, and it also only shows it for a few seconds if I click onto it whilst driving.

Any way I can change it so that when I backup it shows the cargo camera on the uConnect and the rear view in the mirror? It worked like that before the update.
@Mpgrimm2 can probably tell you what you need to fix it. He also makes custom harnesses in case you need to re-wire to restore functionality.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Don't know what SW version you were on previously, but you likely updated to v18.x.x??

For 2013-15, 8.4 radios, only SW v17.11.x supported both BuCam (pins 31,32,33) and Cargo Cam (pins 24,25,26) inputs .
All the other SW versions are single input only at pins 31,32,33 (now your cargo Cam)... The cargo Cam input was never "automatically" activated while in reverse and because of the mixed update version you were on, the radio thought the signal was the BuCam.

You can't roll back the update. You can install a 2016+ 8.4 radio that has both camera inputs available on All SW versions and add rearview mirror camera Reroute so the BuCam also displays on the radio (or SW the camera inputs at the radio connector with a 16+ radio for the same setup you had).

Reference: CptWing's BuCam thread (& my post 10) ...

Post 51 - Some basic details about the 3 Cameras/Input pins on the 8.4 (RA3/Ra4) Radios for use with the "Lockpick" or the "Customtronix Jailbreak" software

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357