Carven Exhaust or Magnaflow? HP GAINS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen5WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thinking into buying an after market exhaust for my 19 ram 1500 5.7. Just can’t make up my mind between the 2, which will grant me the most horsepower and output!?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not sure about the best bang for the buck part, is that opinion or fact in terms of the HP increase? I think if that was the muffler I wanted I would just buy the muffler and pay a shop $100-$150 to put it in. Unless flowmasters are $150+ now, not sure as I haven't bought one in over 10 years. I've been going with cherry bomb extreme mufflers ($50) and then around $100 for the install for my last 3 vehicles (2 rams and 66 buick). Although obviously that's dependent on shop rates as well, we might be cheap around here but I doubt that.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the Flowmaster Super 40 muffler and 12" long 3" stainless steel pipe.

Pretty easy install and sounds great.

Flowmaster was on sale for less than $100 including shipping.

See my posted thread Flowmaster Super 40 muffler for more details.

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I personally will be going with Carven again.
On my 14 Ram I ran a magnaflow direct fit, the loudest they offered while still using a muffler. Then after about 6 months I went with the Magnaflow direct fit muffler delete. I did like them both, Fast forward to my 16 Rebel I just traded in and I originally went with the Flowmaster outlaw series direct bolt in. I ran that for about a year and then switched it out to the Carven with the 5" Black tips.
I think I liked the Carven the best out of the 4 that I tried.
I have a 19 Ram 1500 Crew cab 4x4 Laramie Sport on order now and I will be going with the Caven and bigger tips again.
Just my opinion on the 4 I tried.
They all sound better than stock so I think you will be happy with any of them.
Bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally will be going with Carven again.
On my 14 Ram I ran a magnaflow direct fit, the loudest they offered while still using a muffler. Then after about 6 months I went with the Magnaflow direct fit muffler delete. I did like them both, Fast forward to my 16 Rebel I just traded in and I originally went with the Flowmaster outlaw series direct bolt in. I ran that for about a year and then switched it out to the Carven with the 5" Black tips.
I think I liked the Carven the best out of the 4 that I tried.
I have a 19 Ram 1500 Crew cab 4x4 Laramie Sport on order now and I will be going with the Caven and bigger tips again.
Just my opinion on the 4 I tried.
They all sound better than stock so I think you will be happy with any of them.
Bill

Being that you have had Carven an are planning to go with them again Im guessing you didn't have any issues with drone?

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not in my 16 Rebel I didn't. But that was just a muffler replacement with their 5" tips. Not a cat back.
No experience with their cat back yet.
Bill