Center console latch adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Does anyone know if there’s a way to adjust the latch on the center console? I have to slam mine down to get it to latch...

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
You’re talking about the whole upper half right? Not the little cover on top, the full big lid right?

Wasn’t sure if I had a defect after almost 2 years I’ve just learned to not fully latch it, I just rest it closed.

BUT I feel like the solution would be to dremel or file the plastic latch inwards a bit so it latches easier and smoother without having to slam it down to lock. Of course that may not be as tight and secure, but that could be the solution.

Mine just resting closed has never flown open though so I just leave it that way for the most part.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the same issue. Just started today. Any input would be appreciated. ****** me off a little. Lol

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Mine is the same - I just press down firmly right over the latch to close and it'll grab.

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
You’re talking about the whole upper half right? Not the little cover on top, the full big lid right?

Yes, the whole console. Mine doesn’t fly open, but when I open the top, it pulls the whole console open and dumps my stuff from the upper console...

It’s just irritating and I’d like to figure out how to fix it.

jakearoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is totally opposite, latches just fine but rattles horrendously unless I stick something in the hole where it latches like a paper towel. Go figure.

Djohnston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Mine had same issue, the latch was unssated. This turned into an easy fix for the upper latch. 6 screws then the upper line folds down. 3 screws hold in the latch, once it's out you can simply seat the little latch back into the housing and it works like new.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I had that problem a few times, latch would come out of the little holes that the latch sits in to let it swivel. Put it back in place, a few months later pops out again. So last time it did this, the side that pops out, I went to other side, put a thin plastic washer, cut slit in it and after latch was installed, put the washer on the side that didn't come out, now it seats better in there and no issues since. The little pins that let the latch move on mine, one side was barely in the hole, by adding the thin washer, both sides seat in hole perfect.