Certified?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
So I purchased my 2018 Ecodiesel last month Certified used with 10,600 Miles on it. After registering with Ram and Carfax, I couldn't find any documentation that the oil change/maintenance was done. The truck showed the oil life to be at 80%.

So my question is, Does anyone know if when they do the Certification, Shouldn't they have done any maintenance that was due on it?

I do plan on speaking with them about it when I go in for an appointment later this week but wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about the certification.

Just to add, After making my first appointment for some warranty/recall work, I even received an email from the dealer stating....

"We've noticed that you may have missed your first recommended maintenance. Our experience has shown that routine maintenance can help prevent future costly repairs. To schedule your next appointment or for vehicle service questions, please contact us"

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It might not have populated on the car fax yet. At 10k miles I’d just change it again and not have any worries. But yes if the dealer did service on the truck they should have reset the oil life meter and it shoulda been 100%. Not sure what the interval is for the eco but just get it changed and drive the heck out of it. I like that little motor

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
"Certified used" from what I've experienced is just a marketing gimmick. They can charge a bit more and all you get out of it typically is a 100K mile power-train only warranty.

I bought our 2016 Nissan Quest "certified used". The ~120 point checklist that needs to be checked off in triplicate and signed by 3 different people was completely pencil whipped and I found all sorts of issues upon delivery. I called the dealer out on this and was reimbursed because of their total lack of integrity on this.

I didn't buy our van because it was certified. It just happened to be the vehicle we wanted at the time.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Same with Ford certified. My daughter had bought her escape titanium last year the big list checked including brakes were said to be fine. 6 months later, she took it to another ford dealer closer to her and had a great rep after she heard a brake noise and vibration on decel. turns out they had to turn all 4 rotors, deglaze pads, lubricate sliders. fortunately it was done on her extended warranty. but i wasn't impressed at the selling dealer as we had noticed a bit of vibration when she bought it and we were told that it was beecause the vehicle had sat in snow without being driven for a bit, leading to some rusting. they said the cleaned them and off we went and it was fine, but i think they did the bare minimum.

OP
OP
crzyamerican

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I thought it might not have showed up yet on the carfax as well, but it showed they detailed it twice, once just a week before I purchased.
I'll see what they have to say. I just didn't want to have to pay for an oil change right after I bought it especially since I believed it had already been done, and should have.
I've put less then 1000 miles on it. Hopefully if it wasn't done, they will make it right. Dishonest people really grind my gears!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I thought it might not have showed up yet on the carfax as well, but it showed they detailed it twice, once just a week before I purchased.
I'll see what they have to say. I just didn't want to have to pay for an oil change right after I bought it especially since I believed it had already been done, and should have.
I've put less then 1000 miles on it. Hopefully if it wasn't done, they will make it right. Dishonest people really grind my gears!
They’ll prolly give you a free one. FWIW I always change out oil on used purchase. Get it out and get my routine down.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sort of like 'organic' salmon.
All from the same net.
Bananas coconuts avocados you name it...

OP
OP
crzyamerican

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Just spoke with the dealer. They said it had its oil changed before I purchased it and it just wasn't in the system.
They did a software flash for my check engine light. I was getting codes p0133 and p22Fa. Stupid O2 sensors in a diesel :mad: