Charonblk07's JL Audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
charonblk07

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Nice dude, driver seat is starting to look like a **** pit with all the screens and gauges. U know what your going to use to paint the sails? I still can't find an exact match

Nothing more annoying than getting ready to fire everything up and one one component shuts the whole operation down.

More than a few curse words were uttered by myself then by my wife when I told her one of my amps was having issues. IF it can't be fixed then it's another $900 for another one... which is why the wife was testy.

I'm painting mine the same brilliant black metallic color as the body to match the painted pieces I have in the interior, I'm not going to fool around trying to find a textured paint and color to match the body panel. Since my door pods are also black I'm certain it'll look just fine. If not, then I'll dye the door panels like I did on my last truck.

Nice work, are they going to be press fit or will you be able to screw them down?

A little too loose for press fit, and I can't get to the back with a screw so I'm going to use some of the leftover butyl rope I have and put some in the bottom of the cup and press it in, that should be enough to keep it in place. If I'd been planning ahead I could have installed a threaded insert in the last piece of MDF and just bolted from the front but too late now.

OP
OP
charonblk07

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
And an update on the amp situation...

Power system is fried, but I took it back to the place I bought it from to get them to ship it back to JL for a repair on my dime... turns out I bought a 4 year warranty on the unit (I never buy warranties) and I still had 4 months left on it... so fixed for free! Just gonna take 4-8 weeks taking shipping to the US into account. I won't lie, I might have done a little happy dance when the guy told me that.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
holy crap thats forever lol glad you got it worked out man and I'd happy dance also.

OP
OP
charonblk07

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Not so long Brad, I work a 2-on/2-off shift so it's only really going to be 2 weeks when I'm home and during that time I'll be getting the new suspension and fixing a blown head gasket.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
And an update on the amp situation...

Power system is fried, but I took it back to the place I bought it from to get them to ship it back to JL for a repair on my dime... turns out I bought a 4 year warranty on the unit (I never buy warranties) and I still had 4 months left on it... so fixed for free! Just gonna take 4-8 weeks taking shipping to the US into account. I won't lie, I might have done a little happy dance when the guy told me that.

Since you bought a warranty, why didn't the retailer give you a new amp?
They can send your amp (on their time) to a US JL authorized dealer and get it replaced, then have your bad amp shipped to the factory to brand new status or "B" stock. Everybody wins, but it's on their time...not yours. I have had service done to a few JL amps in my day, but it never took 4-8 weeks. That's kinda insane....especially since there are hundreds of authorized dealers of JL here in the U.S.
It's good that you are not paying for anything....but 4-8 weeks is crazy

OP
OP
charonblk07

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Since you bought a warranty, why didn't the retailer give you a new amp?
They can send your amp (on their time) to a US JL authorized dealer and get it replaced, then have your bad amp shipped to the factory to brand new status or "B" stock. Everybody wins, but it's on their time...not yours. I have had service done to a few JL amps in my day, but it never took 4-8 weeks. That's kinda insane....especially since there are hundreds of authorized dealers of JL here in the U.S.
It's good that you are not paying for anything....but 4-8 weeks is crazy

One word... Canada. There's only 1 JL authorized dealer in my province and it's a chain electronics store; their extended warranty was repair only, which I have no issue with since it's almost a 4 year old amp and I wouldn't expect it to be completely replaced. It just needs to travel to JL USA since there's no JL authorized repair facilities in Canada. Shipping averages 1 business week for most things that have to pass through customs, just crap we are used to dealing with in Canada.

Last edited:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Oh man, did not know that. Well atleast its not your coin. I feel for ya. Im a bit sensitive due to all the gear i have had to warranty out lately. Its worth the wait bro

OP
OP
charonblk07

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Oh man, did not know that. Well atleast its not your coin. I feel for ya. Im a bit sensitive due to all the gear i have had to warranty out lately. Its worth the wait bro

Well, if you'd stop breaking **** then you wouldn't need to warranty it all the time! :) I like following your build as well, just shows me the different level that some people work at when it comes to audio.