Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colton1235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2008 Ram 1500 and the engine light will not shut off. I hooked up a code reader to it and there are two codes that show up on both the engine and transmission but It will not read the codes or let me clear them. I was told there may have possibly been a tuner in it at one point and that’s why the codes cannot be read. I have also tried unhooking the battery for days at a time and the engine light is on as soon as the battery is hooked up again. Any suggestions on what to do to get it off or fixed?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What do you mean it won't let you read them? How do you know they are specifically engine and trans codes?

OP
OP
C

colton1235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The scanner I used was a snap-on tuner that separates the codes between engine and transmission before you even look at them. As soon as I clicked on either one it would tell me it couldn’t read the what the code actually was and wouldn’t let me clear them. I did this on two different scanners and it was the same for both.

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The scanner I used was a snap-on tuner that separates the codes between engine and transmission before you even look at them. As soon as I clicked on either one it would tell me it couldn’t read the what the code actually was and wouldn’t let me clear them. I did this on two different scanners and it was the same for both.
I have a Snap-On Verus Edge and a Solus Ultra and I have used every single Snap-On scan tool since the MT-2500 Brick and I have never seen one do like what you are experiencing.

Did you try using the Generic OBD function to see if you can see what DTC's are set?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963