Chem X Snake oil foam spray.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody used the Chem X Snake Oil on their vehicle? It looks like it does a great job of coating the vehicles on the videos so water beads off really well. But, at $37/bottle, I am hoping to hear some real world reviews before buying.

According to the videos, you spray it on (foam cannon) a clean vehicle and let it sit for about a minute. After that, you just rinse it off.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this sold as a ceramic.? If so its snake oil, since a ceramic will clog the sprayer. Ask how I know.

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We use D lux C quartz on wheels at work. It does clog if you dont use it fast enough. That is the only ceramic that we spray. I was doing some Porsche Macan wheels last week and when I was cleaning the gun out, it had started to crystalize.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To add thats not a true Ceramic. Not saying it wont give you some ceramic properties, but dont buy into it being a real ceramic coating.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This sounds similar to some of the spray waxes that now have ceramic coating in them. Supposed to last a few months at least so if you didnt want to do a full coating this would be a decent budget protection. Just apply every few months like you would have applied wax back in the good old days.