Cleaning air vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017, 2005, 2019
Engine
5.7, 8.3, 6.7
Hello

Has anyone tried or ever wonder about cleaning the air vent system on your Ram?
Not just spraying some cleaning solution and expecting it to be completely clean. Sort of like when your home air ducts needs cleaning.

Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sprays do work for vent cleaning the ones at autozone smell nice but you can use and entire can of lyson with various selections on the *** every spray, you can make a manifold and run an ozone machine, that will kill anything in there. Sometimes it is the ac evap or whatever collects the moisture compressor sometimes, and for that you need to drill a hole in the evap or whatever pools water, but I haven't heard of ram needing that. It is supposed to drop moisture on ground, but some vehicles don't drop it all, smells like socks. Chevy's do for sure, bad design problem. it isn't sweet smelling is it?

If it is under warranty this is a warranty item, they should fix it. I've had this fixed under warranty. Make the tech write everything down! more info the better, where is the smell coming from, I need to know to help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990