Climate Remote Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
If in wrong forum please redirect to proper. Thanks.

So I know I'm many years delayed here, but how come the auto climate remote start menu ONLY gives you the option to warm up the seats and steering wheel? At the time, had a GM vehicle 2 years older that had defrost and interior vent settings I could have turned on when remote started warm the vehicle...

Is there a way to enable such features to run the defrost or heat when truck is remote started? Not sure if the truck is turned off with climate controls on, then it'll turn back on with them on the way they were (because I don't like to shut down a vehicle with fans and motors running [climate controls] still).

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there a way to enable such features to run the defrost or heat when truck is remote started? Not sure if the truck is turned off with climate controls on, then it'll turn back on with them on the way they were (because I don't like to shut down a vehicle with fans and motors running [climate controls] still).

Yes the climate control will turn back on at the same settings you left it at when you turned the vehicle off. Other than a personal preference, there is no reason with modern vehicles to turn the climate controls off before shutting down the vehicle The controls are not hardwired switches of years past. Nowadays everything goes through a control module, if the vehicle wants it on/off it won't matter where you set the switch.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to get the defrost to come on automatically when you remote start unless you mod the vehicle to have Automatic Climate Control. I did the single zone ATC mod and really like it. If you already have the 8.4 radio, it's just a matter of adding the temperature and humidity sensors. Then use AlfaOBD to enable it. You can get the wiring harnesses from M² Mods and the sensors from AllMoparParts.com
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ho...to-a-manual-temperature-control-truck.103456/

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2011 Chrysler 300C, it the temp was 39 degrees or less when you did a remote start, it would turn on the heated driver’s seat, heated steering wheel and the front and rear defrosters. I have not checked our 2018 Ram if it does the dame thing. I did not drive our ‘14 Laramie much so I don’t remember if it operated the same. I miss that 300C, especially the heated/cooled cup holders. :)

1E4227F3-F029-47AE-88F7-D9CE1AD1DC22.jpeg

Last edited:

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When it is below 40 degrees and I do remote start, it turns on my heated seat and steering wheel.

I have also noticed that if it is really cold out (or cold and humid, not quite sure about humidity) it turns on my heated mirrors (therefore if I had rear defroster it would also be on). I have seen it turn on front defroster until I opened either of the front doors (if I open the back doors the radio doesn't come on, and the blower stays in that setting). Once I open either of the front doors, the blower quickly jumps to my last setting (the way I left it).

Last edited: