Code B3993

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1bad65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took my 2016 RAM 1500 to the store the other day and my CEL went on. I have a basic scanner and it's telling me Fault:02 and Pend:01. When I scroll through, I get 2 that say N/A and one that gives me code B3993. The truck has 57K miles and runs very well. I was going to order a BlueDriver Bluetooth Wireless scanner to dig a little deeper but was wondering if anyone has ever encountered such a code and what the remediation steps were. I disconnected the neg terminal and reconnected it after an hour, start and drive the truck and all is well. As soon as I shut it off and restart it the CEL comes back on. Looking to avoid the dealership service department so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Before you spend money on the Bluedriver, look into AlfaOBD. It has a lot of diagnostic capabilities along with the ability to make vehicle configuration changes.