Code P0344 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my 06 ram 1500 4.7 had check engine light come on yesterday morning. Checked code and its P0344 camshaft position sensor. Changed camshaft and crank position sensors, tested starter and battery both are good. Still getting same code? Also checked the connection harness and looks good. Getting 5amp at harness when tested. Any ideas? Could my PCM be going out? Help please .. what else can i check?

OP
OP
Z

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my 06 ram 1500 4.7 had check engine light come on yesterday morning. Checked code and its P0344 camshaft position sensor. Changed camshaft and crank positionsensors, tested starter and battery both are good. Still getting same code? Also checked the connection harness and looks good. Getting 5amp at harness when tested. Any ideas? Could my PCM be going out? Help please .. what else can i check?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Make sure all connections are tight and in good condition.

Then try clearing the code. Pull the negative cable off the battery and let it sit for 30 minutes.

OP
OP
Z

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure all connections are tight and in good condition.

Then try clearing the code. Pull the negative cable off the battery and let it sit for 30 minutes.

Did that a couple times already. Battery is fully charged, had starter tested and its good. Cleaned connection and tested it with meter. Was getting 5amp at connection harness. Cleared code with code reader and it comes back, pulled pcm fuse and tried to reset that way and nothing. Truck starts, runs rough, and still getting same code.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OK. Sounds like you've done everything I'd normally check.

I wonder if you got a bad sensor. Have you tried swapping in another one?

OP
OP
Z

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, first part was from O'Reillys auto. Took that back and went to dealership for replacement. That did not help with the problem, only made me mad... Its a bit odd to me that this seems to be an issue. See many posts with same issues and no solutions.

OP
OP
Z

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think im going to replace the connector and wires next. After that I will really be at a loss..

OP
OP
Z

Zkinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, I cleaned my old cam postion sensor and reinstalled just to see what would happen. Truck starts and drives no codes or issues. Has me scratching my head but at least its running again.