Common sockets and tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
does anyone here has a list of common/frequent sockets and tools used on the suspension of a 2016 ram 1500 2wd.

I just got mine and I'm trying to get a shopping list for it. I hate taking multiple trips to the store and rather build a entry level tool bag for my RAM.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a tote and just carry a full Stanley socket set in the base, snips, pliers, vice grips. Then I have a portable compressor with an extension cable on it, zip ties & loctite, wirestrippers , multiscrewdriver & electrical tape in my underfloor storage.

I follow the philosophy on my truck I did with my motorbikes. If I need any more than that, it's too complicated for a road fix!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Octane

Reaction score
If my truck breaks on the road I have a Big Hammer to fix it with.Like my brother did once,he had a hole in the gas tank.Took it out and had it fixed then put it in and had trouble bolting it up so he grabbed the Big Hammer....oops! another hole! I laughed so hard at his rage!...lol

OP
OP
S

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
I'm looking for common tool sizes to work on the suspension, not an emergency tool set. I'm thinking of adding some coil spacers and changing brakes and shocks...etc

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm looking for common tool sizes to work on the suspension, not an emergency tool set. I'm thinking of adding some coil spacers and changing brakes and shocks...etc
I would still say a full socket set and maybe a box wrench set, compressor & air gun & air gun sockets. Crowbar is handy if you need to get a bit more lift to get coil spacers in, 3 ton jack & good height stands, torque wrench that will do 20-150 lb, screwdriver for brake stuff, hammer, mighty mite type bleeder tank is helpful.. Exactly what i used to do my spacers, put in a helliwig bar, change out coil springs & undo shocks. Only thing I didnt do is brakes.

If you're in Canada, full socket sets are on sale cheap all the time. If in US...cheaper! Its cheaper for me to buy that then socket by socket. Truck is not like my bike that required odd sizes (like a 75mm socket on a flywheel!)

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk