Computer thinks it’s a manual now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, I disconnected my battery and removed my edge tuner, hooked everything back up and now it wants me to push in the clutch to start. Except that it’s an auto. Lol. Tried disconnecting the battery again, nothing. Reinstalled the tuner, same. So any suggestions, ideas?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, I disconnected my battery and removed my edge tuner, hooked everything back up and now it wants me to push in the clutch to start. Except that it’s an auto. Lol. Tried disconnecting the battery again, nothing. Reinstalled the tuner, same. So any suggestions, ideas?

Give the modules a while to relearn the truck and connect back to the BCM over CAN. My Challenger does the same thing or worse like changing to a generic Chrysler UConnect and forgetting all about performance pages or it's back up camera. Usually doing a quick spin around the block and then letting it sit for about 30 minutes is enough to reacquire everything.

OP
OP
Havn2muchfun

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sounds great, but it won’t start because there isn’t a clutch to push in. Normally says put your foot on the break.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds great, but it won’t start because there isn’t a clutch to push in. Normally says put your foot on the break.

You should still be able to push in the brake and start it. At-least I've been able to on every FCA push button I've disconnected the battery on that does it. If not let it sit for about 30 minutes and see if it goes away. The only other issue could be a bad connection at the PCM if it was a Pulsar you removed/re-added which I have seen do this. If it's all fully seated you can always try some CRC QD cleaner on all the pins in-case some junk got in there.

https://www.crcindustries.com/products/qd-174-electronic-cleaner-11-wt-oz-05103.html

OP
OP
Havn2muchfun

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, was a no go for anything I tried to start it. Am leaving the battery disconnected overnight. Will use some electronic cleaner before trying to restart it.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
undo the connectors at the pcm and push them back in to make sure they're tight. happened to me once on my pulsar

OP
OP
Havn2muchfun

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, after leaving the battery disconnected, cleaning the contacts, it started and reset everything. Thank you for the suggestions. Not sure which it was, but don’t care. Lol. Taking it to the dealer to see why my lockers and sway bar disconnect isn’t working. Didn’t want that giving them an out.