Confused issue after install of new engine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zackster86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
Hey everyone, I had to replace the engine in my 2012 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Outdoorsman and for the warranty I had my trusted shop do the work and all seems well so far except I have come to realize that if my traction light comes on for any reason my truck shuts everything down except for the engine like a split second and the only real reason I know anything happened is the ding and restart of the radio...I have since taken it back to them and paid more money to have them reset the computers and such and was told it seemed like they weren't communicating properly and then just yesterday this happened again when I went to take off and my tires spun from all the gravel on the roads...has anyone else experienced this or have ideas? I just cant keep throwing money in and I need to make a trip from MT to FL and back in about a month so anything is appreciated and thanks!

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Maybe Tach_tech will read & can help you out.
If it wasn't doing this before engine replacement got to be something they did not do correctly.
Left ground off, pinch wire or lose connection.
If not that bad BCM maybe.....no expert here just guessing.

OP
OP
zackster86

zackster86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
I also was told it could be the torque converter and I sure hope not but I have thought same thing....they must've hooked something up wrong perhaps...thanks

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That sucks you have to pay them more money for something that wasn't there before they worked on it. I would look for any loose ground straps and check tightness of all connectors.

What went wrong with the engine previously that required a complete replacement?