Console lighting possibility.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to light up the console and drink cup section(heater knobs n such) so they're easier to see at night.Trying to find out if there's a way to plug a small light(if anyone has a link to one) into one of the cigarette lighter sockets.Don't really want to do any wiring if possible.So far truck has been nice compared to my past truck(Ford)Thanks for any links or input you may have.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, if we’re talking about the 07 in your profile, then for the cup holder area, there is a factory insert that your truck might already be prewired for. My 06 didn’t come with it, but I cant remember if I just plugged it in to a preexisting connector, or if I had to splice the connector in. Either way it was dead simple to do. It runs off of the same wire as the rest of the dash back lighting, so it would just take two crimps to add it in if it isnt already there. Heres a page from the service manual that shows the thing and where it goes...

And also, the heater knobs and such should be lit from the back any time the headlights are on, so you shouldnt have any trouble seeing them. The bulbs are known to burn out from time to time, and those too are dead simple to replace.

3716670B-835D-41F1-81C2-C980EE21DF68.png