Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Couldn't resists a new Craftsman tool box.

Discussion in 'Garage' started by tourrider, Nov 3, 2018.

1. ramportin1

ramportin1 Sickest member here

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I think the vast majority of dislike for certain companies or products is just one person repeating what they have heard and then those people repeating it etc etc, or just a kind of prejudice against it not being "made in the U.S.A." Of course not all, but the majority I think.
    I was a big craftsman fan before the change because they made a good quality (not AMAZING, but good) product for a fair price compared to the big dogs like snap-on who makes a amazing product for the biggest amount of money possible. I mean a $50 craftsman product could legitimately be in the $450 range for snap-on and that's just insanity. The craftsman change happened and immediately you started hearing about crap products being made and craftsman is now crapman and pure trash products, and people love to repeat things they hear like its fact that is just human nature happens all the time, but I have continued to buy craftsman products and have not yet got a bad one. Maybe I am just super lucky but I never am lol but idk I just know my experience. I probably have over 100 tools that are the new china made craftsman products and still have not been disappointed in quality when you compare price. I can say with absolute certainty that in my experience the china made craftsman ratchet wrenches are a better product than gear wrench yet gear wrench is far more popular, and you can get craftsman sets for cheaper then GW these days as well. I have 3 broken GW ratchet wrenches right now that I need to try and return and they are newer than my craftsman ones. My battery 1/2" craftsman impact gun is a absolute beast that gets abused pretty badly, has definitely been dropped multiple times and still works like clockwork.
    This is all just my personal experience of course and opinion, not saying anyone is right or wrong.
    Super long story short, I love my craftsman tool boxes and tools

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SOKY_RAM likes this.
  2. ramportin1

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have been eyeballing those boxes for a while now and have been real interested in checking them out. Now I think I'm going to have to! I've been wanting a real long bottom box for long time

tourrider and madtrucker2016 like this.
  3. madtrucker2016

madtrucker2016 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    And when people see that box they think your a top notch mechanic Lol

tourrider and ramportin1 like this.
  4. Halligan

Halligan Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    Whats nice is they offer them in different colors too. Red, orange, blue, lime green and I think yellow.

ramportin1 likes this.
  5. ramportin1

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah for sure! I get the magazines mailed to me all the time and those are always on the front page, have been meaning to check them out for like a year or so just never have but now I think I'm going to. HF has some real gems mixed in with the junk that are awesome deals

6. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2018 2500. 2018 1500
    Engine:
    6.4 3.6
    ^^^The HF box's are decent quality. But to your point they are the same quality as a Craftsman professional. Our Sears store has always been a big tool dept store. The China price point tool cabinets are in fact red junk. Thin sheet metal poor quality soft China steel. BUT, when you go up to their bearing drawer heavier cabinets, they are decent but expensive. With the exception of those crap casters. Fitz

7. tourrider

tourrider Grumpy Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    CTD 6.7
    It's been many years since I've been paid for wrenching.

madtrucker2016 likes this.
  8. RVGuy

RVGuy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I've been eyeing up the Craftsman boxes ever since Lowe's started carrying them. They seem like really good value for the money. I'll need to eventually replace/consolidate my boxes. I'm a diehard Milwaukee guy though so I might have to get their red box to match my tools
    None of my boxes match though which bugs me.[​IMG]

tourrider and ramportin1 like this.
  9. js12278

js12278 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    It's tough to beat the value of the US General toolboxes at HF.