crankshaft sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last May I was pulling my camper to a campground about 300 miles away. About 75 miles from the campground on an interstate highway the engine started acting like it was running out of fuel. I made it to the campground and got the camper unhooked. the next time I tried to start it it wouldn't start so I had it towed to a shop where they put a new crank sensor in. Last Monday I pulled the camper to a campground and all was fine until the next day when I took the truck for a ride and it stated acting up again. I made it back to the camp ground and called a towing company to come and take it to a shop. They also put another crank sensor in and now it seems fine again. The truck is a 2004 5.7 hemi. Is this a common problem or am I getting bad parts? Maybe I should keep a new one in the truck so I could just change it myself when it goes bad. Any ideas?

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any codes? Possibly the wire to the sensor has a rub and is shorting to ground.

Last edited: