cruise control switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky Underwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. The set cruise switch is worn out and I would like to replace it, but they seem to be unavaliable. Anyone know where I can get one. Thanks

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you check with Benny, one of the vendors here? You can send him a message with your vehicle information.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Worn like you can't see the letters on it anymore or worn like it doesn't work?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have to look, but I might still have mine leftover from when I converted my 02-03 wheel to the 04-08 wheel. They worked just fine when I removed it.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The wheel seap
Seap lol
Plug and play. 02-03 uses a single stage (high speed only), whereas 04+ use dual stage (high and low speed). Cruise switches emit the same voltage and the radio controls are the same switches. Just swap wheel, plug in all switches then plug the high speed airbag pigtail into the clockspring and done. I was gonna use a factory wheel then found out Grant makes a nice one, so I went with that. Also got cruise switches from a Chrysler Aspen (the fancy Durango lol) to match the silver accents in the interior. This was when I was doing the interior overhaul, conversion and upgrade last year.

IMAG4634 edit.jpg
IMAG4642.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seap lol
Plug and play. 02-03 uses a single stage (high speed only), whereas 04+ use dual stage (high and low speed). Cruise switches emit the same voltage and the radio controls are the same switches. Just swap wheel, plug in all switches then plug the high speed airbag pigtail into the clockspring and done. I was gonna use a factory wheel then found out Grant makes a nice one, so I went with that. Also got cruise switches from a Chrysler Aspen (the fancy Durango lol) to match the silver accents in the interior. This was when I was doing the interior overhaul, conversion and upgrade last year.

View attachment 214917
View attachment 214918

Very nice.

Thought I had read somewhere that the newer wheels were a different clock spring connector or something and the easiest way was to do a full column swap but if that’s the case then I’ll start looking for a wheel haha.

Does that shifter work as well? Guessing it’s a custom job to make work.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Very nice.

Thought I had read somewhere that the newer wheels were a different clock spring connector or something and the easiest way was to do a full column swap but if that’s the case then I’ll start looking for a wheel haha.

Does that shifter work as well? Guessing it’s a custom job to make work.
They are different because they have two airbag connectors, but the 03 isn't setup for dual stage airbags. I just taped the low speed pigtail out of the way. And yes, the shifter works while sitting in those awesome 4th gen seats lol. No more column shift.

IMAG4643.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Please let me know.
Thank You
And sorry for the late response, definitely don't have them. Think I sold them with the spare new 02-03 wheel I didn't need anymore last year come to think of it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are different because they have two airbag connectors, but the 03 isn't setup for dual stage airbags. I just taped the low speed pigtail out of the way. And yes, the shifter works while sitting in those awesome 4th gen seats lol. No more column shift.

View attachment 214919

Haha I did 4th gen seats in mine but went with the jump seat console instead, did t want to have to cut things and do custom fab work. I’m lazy lol

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Haha I did 4th gen seats in mine but went with the jump seat console instead, did t want to have to cut things and do custom fab work. I’m lazy lol
I thought about it but I really liked the Ram's head emblem on the lid plus I wanted a floor shift. It'll work out later if/when I get around to the 8HP70 swap. All I'll have to do is modify the cover plate so the ZF shifter sits through it properly.