Cummins Fuel Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, FG has some manufacturing in Mexico. Dunno about the air filter unless Fleetguard is outsourcing those which is likely. FG has been more concerned with their oil and fuel filters than air.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well I went back to my source and they put up photos of 2 different Fleetguard AF27684 filters ( and a FG box one came in from MX) that have the same plant number P33478 as the air filter in the first photo. I have also attached a photo of a Fleetguard air filter that was US made in 4/23... BTW the A56314 in the first photo is a Purolator air filter o_O :
Weren't we talking about fuel filters?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Weren't we talking about fuel filters?
Guess ya missed me asking his about FG air filters being farmed out, he thought they had not done so, when I was given proof FG had done so I posted it for him and others to see and learn...

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It’s cool we were discussing fleetguard so makes sense to go there. I ordered some new fuel filters to see what I get as far as genuine vs CF.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I‘m due to change the fuel filters for the first time on my 2016 Ram w/6.7 Cummins (I bought it used). I’ve been running Fleetguard oil filters, so I thought I‘d use their fuel filters as well. Problem is, I can’t find any part numbers online. I’m told my truck has two fuel filters. Can anyone provide me with some Fleetguard part numbers? Fleetguard’s website is useless. Thanks.
Have you tried Rockauto they usually state the numbers as a reference.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Guess ya missed me asking his about FG air filters being farmed out, he thought they had not done so, when I was given proof FG had done so I posted it for him and others to see and learn...
I never said anything about air filters until I said they likely farmed those out...

Truckmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can find on Amazon
Fuel filter - # FS53000
Fuel filter - # FS20089
Fleetguard filters
I’m converting to spin on filters with
Black market filter mounts, Cat filters are less expensive and the cartridge filter is a pain to change and risk of the cap breaking.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Rockauto water separator and one from Amazon where Amazon was the seller both are identical no silver ring and look to be legit. That being said I am going to stick to Geno’s and Rock Auto so I know they are legit.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You can find on Amazon
Fuel filter - # FS53000
Fuel filter - # FS20089
Fleetguard filters
Black market filter mounts, Cat filters are less expensive and the cartridge filter is a pain to change and risk of the cap breaking.
You might get a product from amazon that works but odds are pretty good you'd get knock-off china crap that doesn't. :(

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You might get a product from amazon that works but odds are pretty good you'd get knock-off china crap that doesn't. :(
Very common for sure.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can find on Amazon
Fuel filter - # FS53000
Fuel filter - # FS20089
Fleetguard filters
Might want to make sure those CAT filters meet or exceed the FG/Cummins spec. There's a reason more don't run them. :)

The filters you found on Amazon are likely knockoffs.

I'd suggest sticking with OEM filters on these trucks. The used dealer where I bought my 2018 just did filters on the truck right before I bought it. Last week it threw a water in fuel light. Crawled underneath and found a Wix filter. Yanked both WIX off and replaced with OEM Mopar from Geno's. Zero issues now.

You're not going to break the cap if you don't gorilla fist it. I've changed hundreds of them.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Might want to make sure those CAT filters meet or exceed the FG/Cummins spec. There's a reason more don't run them. :)

I'd suggest sticking with OEM filters on these trucks. The used dealer where I bought my 2018 just did filters on the truck right before I bought it. Last week it threw a water in fuel light. Crawled underneath and found a Wix filter. Yanked both WIX off and replaced with OEM Mopar from Geno's. Zero issues now.

You're not going to break the cap if you don't gorilla fist it. I've changed hundreds of them.

Dealer installed Wix!! That should be criminal.
To add, if anyone is worried about the plastic cap, I replaced mine years ago with the black aluminum one you can find on the jungle site.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It was not a Ram dealer. It was a little dealership in Georgia. They're actually one of those I posted on in the thread about deletes. Shouldn't be surprised!

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

Why? I've been using WIX fuel filters for 50k + miles with zero problems.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why? I've been using WIX fuel filters for 50k + miles with zero problems.
Some get away with it... some don't. I use WIX on everything that I own except my Cummins engines. I've not had one yet that didn't have a hiccup when using them.

Truckmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been using Fleetguard fuel filters and oil filter since I bought my truck and had no issues, but being that spin on filters are less expensive, I am switching.