Curb lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobf5761

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what they're called I call them curb lights when you start to turn your wheel left or right a light illuminates that side of the vehicle. My question is over the past 4 days or so I haven't driven it. This evening I got in the truck and those lights don't work no more any suggestions?

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Referring to the puddle lights on the side mirrors?
you could check em with a multimeter before buying new ones

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Puddle lights that are in the side mirrors are replaceable
don't let anyone tell you otherwise

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The lights the OP is talking about are cornering lights, they turn on when you turn the steering wheel in that direction.
Check for any settings in the radio to enable them.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The lights the OP is talking about are cornering lights, they turn on when you turn the steering wheel in that direction.
Check for any settings in the radio to enable them.
Look for a setting that says "dynamic lighting", on my 2022, that enables or disables the corner lighting feature. Also, make sure you are moving and turn the steering wheel enough to activate the feature.

For those wondering what the corner lighting feature is, the fog lamp can light up the turn. This feature is on the higher trim levels.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i would not do it this way, but i guess he may it work

this guy did the same thing

this is the way with TOW Mirrors

The way i did it on my 2009 & 2016 mirrors, i simply removed the Mirrors Glass & i was able to do everything easily
1692060139583.png

one day, someone broke my mirror, so i disassembled it, to see how they were made

1692060334826.png

Last edited:

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Totally get what you mean – those lights that come on when you turn your wheels, right? Some call 'em curb lights. It's weird when stuff like that suddenly stops working.
So, about your situation – if those lights were working fine and then suddenly they're out of action, it's a bit of a head-scratcher. Sometimes, it could be a simple glitch, maybe a fuse issue or a wiring thing. But if you're not much of a car wizard, you might wanna seek some help.
Speaking of which, when you're facing car dilemmas, it's not a bad idea to read curb reviews on the website. Sometimes, others might have had similar problems and could offer some insight.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what they're called I call them curb lights when you start to turn your wheel left or right a light illuminates that side of the vehicle. My question is over the past 4 days or so I haven't driven it. This evening I got in the truck and those lights don't work no more any suggestions?
Are you driving with your fog lights on? Because if so, that option will not work and/or be seen as it is the front fog lights that supply that option. Now I have a DT 5th Gen truck, OP, if you have a 4th Gen, than I do not know.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2020 Limited does have this feature

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The really fancy trucks have directional headlights. My Laramie has the curb lights. It’s just the fog light lighting up on the side you are turning towards. It’s very nice actually. As others mentioned, you wouldn’t notice that you had that option if your fog lights are already on.

I believe there is a setting to turn this on and off as well in the options on your Nav screen.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Bighorn has the fog on feature but my fogs are always on. IMO it's a useless feature. I'd rather them give me auto fold mirrors. Not sure why they wasted time on a fog light when you can just keep those on.