Cv Axle replacement issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nodean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently did my 100k mile inspection and found quite a few things that needed to be replaced. Everything ended up coming out great except for the drivers side CV axle. The old one had both boots tear open so I decided to just replace it. The ram dealer wanted like 600 bucks for a new one so I just went down to autozone and grabbed a duralast gold axle. Install was fairly straight forward. Had to replace the stub axle and seal as well. However now when I accelerate from a start there’s this ever so slight vibration. Something you definitely wouldn’t notice everyday but when I went for the test drive I definitely noticed it. It also only happens in 4WD. any ideas as to what this could be? Is it possible I missed something during the install.

Bonus points if someone can give me a good recommendation for an AC compressor pulley replacement / full compressor replacement (dealer wants 400 and 1k respectively for the parts which is crazy)

rjmorr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I have the same problem The intermediate shaft that the cv axle slides on to is wore out and needs to be replaced. My passenger side is real bad and will be doing both sides here in the next couple days. I bought both driver and passenger side intermediate shafts, bearing, and seals in a kit from https://premiumpartsqc.com/products/right-intermediate-shaft-ram-1500 The parts are kind of pricy at $400 but I want quality and didn't like any of the after-market crap I seen. I made the mistake of buying a cv axle from autozone and wish I would have waited because this place I got the parts from had a deal with all the intermediate shafts, bearings, seals, and both cv axles for less than $600 and they are superior to the rest of aftermarket junk. intermediate shaft.jpg

LFD03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem The intermediate shaft that the cv axle slides on to is wore out and needs to be replaced. My passenger side is real bad and will be doing both sides here in the next couple days. I bought both driver and passenger side intermediate shafts, bearing, and seals in a kit from https://premiumpartsqc.com/products/right-intermediate-shaft-ram-1500 The parts are kind of pricy at $400 but I want quality and didn't like any of the after-market crap I seen. I made the mistake of buying a cv axle from autozone and wish I would have waited because this place I got the parts from had a deal with all the intermediate shafts, bearings, seals, and both cv axles for less than $600 and they are superior to the rest of aftermarket junk.
How have they worked out with the premium qc parts?