Dave Smith, Kellogg, Idaho.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg529

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 1500
Curious to know everyone's opinion on Dave Smith motors. I currently have an 07 1500 and looking to upgrade. I was told that this place is the place to go, but that's one person's opinion. Hoping to hear from the experts here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have bought from Dave Smith (twice) and Dennis Dillon(once) and both good experiences but I just bought a new Power Wagon and neither could beat my local Lithia dealership. In 2018 I bought a new jeep wrangler rubicon and Dennis Dillion beat Dave smith by a bunch on a vehicle that msrped for $50310. When dealing this time ( a month ago) Dave Smith was quite a bit higher on price then either Dennis Dillon or Lithia but the kicker was in order to get the good Dennis Dillon price you could only put 10% down and had to finance the rest thru their lender. In the end my local Lithia dealer was priced better OTD than even Dennis Dillon and allowed you to pay cash for the entire amount no loan needed if that is what you wanted to do or arrange your own financing thru whomever you wanted to borrow from.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was looking for my '18 I looked at both of those dealers but they didn't have any trucks optioned the way I wanted, I ended up finding the truck I was looking for at a local dealer, got about 13k off msrp, I would see what your local dealers can do

OP
OP
Redleg529

Redleg529

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI 1500
Thanks for your input. Live in Western Washington and its hard to find anything at a decent price due to all the markups and taxs

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
When I bought my '15 2500, I got a really good number from DSM. I could get close locally, but it was quick, and slime-free with DSM. But, DSM was then bought out by a large dealer group, and when my buddy was ready to order his 1500 York Dodge in Prescott blew DSM out of the water by $1800.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We contacted Dave Smith thinking it would be the smoothest and least expensive place to purchase the new Ram 1500. The sales lady was less than helpful. The price was the same as the local dealer. We found the local dealer was upfront and easy to work with. So we choose Yakima Ram in Yakima Washington and glad we did.

schlite60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel high output
I am from the Seattle area. I went to 2 dealers near me one did not want my trade and had 12K second sticker on a 2020 3500 limited diesel crew 4x4. Salesman was terrible, smelled bad, unshaven and unwashed very worn yellowed white dress shirt with food stains on the front and mismatched pants with worn-out shoes ( where do they find these hobo's?). The other one a little bit better again 8K second sticker and ask who I was financing thru which is a major credit union here in Washington. They also did not want my trade and said you will have to use our bank . Called DSM after I checked their website and got a couple of stock numbers to the salesman. Gave me a very close to invoice price, 3500 dollars of factory rebates and quoted me very close to blue-book trade-in price. Done deal got over there 3 days later and 3 hours later bought a 2020 crew cab 3500 limited and was driving home. One of the best dealership buying experiences I have ever had.