Dealer denying to give option and possibly ripping me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, hey now! Dont be dumb like me. Apparently everyone else here gets it and understands. All except IRSmart.

Yep it certainly sounds like he found the right profession "FCA dealership new car sales manager" :emotions34: Must fit right in with all the other...well I don't want to resort to name calling like him so I'll leave that up to every ones imaginations.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Mention "Bait and switch".
Everyone mentions bait and switch. No one who uses it has a firm understanding on exactly what it is, because this situation doesn’t apply.
Hey, hey now! Dont be dumb like me. Apparently everyone else here gets it and understands. All except IRSmart.
I am in agreement with everyone else in this thread 100%, but you failed to explain how you magically have “extra parts” on your truck, because it seems like it has exactly what it is supposed to have. Can you elaborate on what you meant, or why you think you won some lottery and have extra parts on your truck you’re not supposed to have?

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yep it certainly sounds like he found the right profession "FCA dealership new car sales manager" :emotions34: Must fit right in with all the other...well I don't want to resort to name calling like him so I'll leave that up to every ones imaginations.
Hey, sometimes if the shoe fits...

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
The dealer is on the right side of this. My '19 Rebel has the rails, the 4 adjustable tie-downs, and the spray-in bedliner. No divider is included in that package. If there had been something on the website that stated otherwise, it was in error. It might be difficult trying to persuade any third party that the reason you got that particular truck was because it was alleged to have the divider. If the divider had been that important, they might point out that you did not take a look at it.

CPTII

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would be contacting Ram Cares. Also, try talking to the GM of the dealership. If you are talking to a “supervisor or manager” that is not the top dog. Make a big stink and rattle the cages

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I would be contacting Ram Cares. Also, try talking to the GM of the dealership. If you are talking to a “supervisor or manager” that is not the top dog. Make a big stink and rattle the cages
For what, to get something he is not entitled to and hasn’t paid for? Doesn’t exactly seem right...

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everyone mentions bait and switch. No one who uses it has a firm understanding on exactly what it is, because this situation doesn’t apply.

I am in agreement with everyone else in this thread 100%, but you failed to explain how you magically have “extra parts” on your truck, because it seems like it has exactly what it is supposed to have. Can you elaborate on what you meant, or why you think you won some lottery and have extra parts on your truck you’re not supposed to have?

Idk how anyone can explain something any more simple to understand than what I've said because you just cant understand. The rails installed inside the bed are not supposed to be part of the package according to the window sticker. When I brought the truck back to question about said divider on the website listing. He told me that whatever is listed on the website for the vehicle to have, if different from the window sticker. The window sticker holds overall what the vehicle gets. He had no idea why they are installed in the bed of my truck, who added them and why they were added. That the trucks are build vehicle specific and the rails and divider are not on the sticker to have. Ram Cares also told me in chat discussion they do not know why I have it installed in the bed of my truck as it's not on the order from the dealer to have. They suggested that I can discuss with the GM about there website discrepenacy on why they listed the divider as part of the truck. To also ask the GM why it was added on the truck by the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it ain't on the sticker, it ain't on the truck unless it's a dealer add-on, in which case it would be listed on the sales contract.

Yes, I've found this out on the trip back the next day by the salesman. Even though it was listed on the website as an option that was part of the truck, as I mentioned. Which is why I went there to questioned it. It apparently was listed as "a mistake" and not honored.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
What ***is*** listed is 4 adjustable tie down hooks. The means to adjust: the rails.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Idk how anyone can explain something any more simple to understand than what I've said because you just cant understand. The rails installed inside the bed are not supposed to be part of the package according to the window sticker. When I brought the truck back to question about said divider on the website listing. He told me that whatever is listed on the website for the vehicle to have, if different from the window sticker. The window sticker holds overall what the vehicle gets. He had no idea why they are installed in the bed of my truck, who added them and why they were added. That the trucks are build vehicle specific and the rails and divider are not on the sticker to have. Ram Cares also told me in chat discussion they do not know why I have it installed in the bed of my truck as it's not on the order from the dealer to have. They suggested that I can discuss with the GM about there website discrepenacy on why they listed the divider as part of the truck. To also ask the GM why it was added on the truck by the dealer.
OMFG! Dude, you ARE supposed to have the rails! They’re included in the Bed Utility Group. That’s what the adjustable tie down hooks listed on the window sticker are! They have nothing - repeat - NOTHING to do with the cargo divider that you aren’t entitled to. You don’t have any extra parts. Everything on your truck is EXACTLY what you are supposed to have. Adjustable tie down hooks = sliding bed rails = whatever else you want to call them. They’re right on your window sticker.

What ***is*** listed is 4 adjustable tie down hooks. The means to adjust: the rails.
upload_2019-12-3_20-20-40.gif

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow..... Im at a loss at how this thread got so ridiculous.
@Jaybear I understand what you thought and how feeling taken advantage of apparently has you fired up.... BUT, I feel it was explained to you fairly clear as to how and what you have. NOW in your defense, YES there are dealers, stores, businesses that will entice customers in the door with an ad that trumps the competition with add-ons or something to the effect. BUT as the consumer it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you yourself gets the best deal or advertised price/package/add-ons. I don't think coming on here and handing people their ass when in fact all @IRSmart was attempting to do was clearly explain to you what you have and why you have it. Also while buying a vehicle or leasing a vehicle it is you're responsibility again to negotiate the best deal for yourself and that may include asking for said divider to get the deal done. Its apparent to me that you FAILED to do that and "went home" and realised that you dropped the ball.....OWN IT and stop slinging mud.

I am not an employee or anything to do with dealers except for being a consumer as you and have myself been in the same boat at times because of my absence of mind to ask or ensure I received something myself.

I await your complete flaming of me now. Lol

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Wow..... Im at a loss at how this thread got so ridiculous.
@Jaybear I understand what you thought and how feeling taken advantage of apparently has you fired up.... BUT, I feel it was explained to you fairly clear as to how and what you have. NOW in your defense, YES there are dealers, stores, businesses that will entice customers in the door with an ad that trumps the competition with add-ons or something to the effect. BUT as the consumer it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you yourself gets the best deal or advertised price/package/add-ons. I don't think coming on here and handing people their ass when in fact all @IRSmart was attempting to do was clearly explain to you what you have and why you have it. Also while buying a vehicle or leasing a vehicle it is you're responsibility again to negotiate the best deal for yourself and that may include asking for said divider to get the deal done. Its apparent to me that you FAILED to do that and "went home" and realised that you dropped the ball.....OWN IT and stop slinging mud.

I am not an employee or anything to do with dealers except for being a consumer as you and have myself been in the same boat at times because of my absence of mind to ask or ensure I received something myself.

I await your complete flaming of me now. Lol
You won’t get flamed. I don’t expect to see him back. I have it on good authority he pm’ed the admins and asked to have his account deleted lmao

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am a member of some good forums and I am new to this one. Forums such as these are the best resource for priceless information. Real experience advice to problems that would generate future TSB's in the case of autos. But to have a new member come into a forum and start tearing into members who are trying to assist them is just completely out of line and Im sure he wont be missed.