Debadge?

whats your taste?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question. only a question cause i dont know. why is debadging so popular? or isnt it popular? saw a few threads about it and didnt know what the relevance was behind it. aint knockin anyone if they do it. never heard of it till recently honestly.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Cause why drive a SHEEP when U can drive a wolf.

I de badge every car I owned since 1980, called my design. I make my own path.

My 2002 Chevy HD lost its badges/stickers soon as I brought home.

Only sheep need to see that 4X4 sticker, REAL folks already KNOW what truck it is.

(&(*^*(^(^ pet peeve is DEALER plate frames, shows me HATE for our hobby.....

The ProNaked

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Only sheep need to see that 4X4 sticker, REAL folks already KNOW what truck it is.

The ProNaked
i would respectfully disagree with the sheep idea. actually, wouldnt all the same trucks with no markings make them "sheep"? i mean trucks have different engines and even different badges depending on years or 1500-2500-3500.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Dirt builds up around the emblems and the double sided tape they’re held on with. And you’re drying towel can pick it up and scratch the paint.
Also people that don’t know have no way of finding out what you drive. For all they know with no badges they think you’re riding a unicorn

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I usually de-badge right away as well. I don't know if I agree with the wolf vs sheep theory in this particular scenario, but I do like the clean lines, minimal chrome, and a little bit of mystery.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

The ProNaked
Every dealer that puts a plate or sticker on I say remove the destination charge. When they say no I walk the price down for advertising for them. Usually good to knock a grand off the price and I peel it before I pull off the lot anyway if it’s an easy one.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every dealer that puts a plate or sticker on I say remove the destination charge. When they say no I walk the price down for advertising for them. Usually good to knock a grand off the price and I peel it before I pull off the lot anyway if it’s an easy one.
i do peel off the dealer sticker shortly after i buy.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dirt builds up around the emblems and the double sided tape they’re held on with. And you’re drying towel can pick it up and scratch the paint.
Also people that don’t know have no way of finding out what you drive. For all they know with no badges they think you’re riding a unicorn
makes sense...yep!

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good man. Unless they are paying you to advertise it’s gone.
the dealer i have been buying from has treated me rather well i think, their service dept sucks but the sales is decent. i drive almost 2 hrs one way for purchases and about 2 hrs the other direction for service. however, havent got any deals that made me keep their plates or stickers on my rides.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
makes sense...yep!
Since my truck has a pap cap and I tell people it’s a station wagon all the time. I just say I removed the wood grain down the side and put big tires on.
My Ram emblem in a muted flag so people think it’s a patriot wagon
A8FD5D2C-6100-4AFA-AA21-19F12C60F933.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
the dealer i have been buying from has treated me rather well i think, their service dept sucks but the sales is decent. i drive almost 2 hrs one way for purchases and about 2 hrs the other direction for service. however, havent got any deals that made me keep their plates or stickers on my rides.
When I bought my work truck (service van) they finance guy kept coming out and dropping the price. I couldn’t figure it out I thought to myself what am I doing right? Every time this dude comes out the price goes down another $800 I left with a $56,000 truck for $38,000 their sticker is still on it. I said waive the destination charge because I didn’t ask for you to bring this here and the guy said I can’t but I can knock off $995 I was thinking in my head that I was joking but definitely wasn’t stopping them. LOL

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my work truck (service van) they finance guy kept coming out and dropping the price. I couldn’t figure it out I thought to myself what am I doing right? Every time this dude comes out the price goes down another $800 I left with a $56,000 truck for $38,000 their sticker is still on it. I said waive the destination charge because I didn’t ask for you to bring this here and the guy said I can’t but I can knock off $995 I was thinking in my head that I was joking but definitely wasn’t stopping them. LOL
thats awesome. haha. when i bought mine i got it during RAM TRUCK MONTH, had some sweet deals. had to join sams club and got another $1000 off. then i got $1000 off for my brother being employed by fedex. just was a sweet deal at the time. im currently looking to get another one, not a fan of newer body style so looking for a 4th gen w low miles. one i can drive unlike my other one.