Debadge?

whats your taste?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Question. only a question cause i dont know. why is debadging so popular? or isnt it popular? saw a few threads about it and didnt know what the relevance was behind it. aint knockin anyone if they do it. never heard of it till recently honestly.

I like the clean look with fewer badges, plus RAM didn't pay me for a lifetime advertising placement on the side of my truck. :D

View media item 29375

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im confused with the removing RAM badges because of advertising. i understand removing the dealer stickers but...its a ram. most people know its a ram. never saw someone confuse a ram for a silverado because there was no markings on it. or buy a ram because there was a logo of a ram on the tailgate.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
just driving it is a advertisement.
I usually add badges, always been proud of what I drive. The only one I remove and replace with something else is the rams head. Never cared for it especially the rams head ornament they use to put on the top of the hood in the middle. I always replace the rams head with something else that stands for Mopar. The absolute one I will never understand is why anyone puts the 3 circle Buick symbol on their vehicle. But in the end we should put on our vehicle what we "The Owner" likes!

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seem to have offended you with my reasoning for taking some plastic off the side of my truck.
not at all. i just dont understand. you cant cover up the whole vehicle. its obviously a ram and if your not proud of what you drive, whats the sense?

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
not at all. i just dont understand. you cant cover up the whole vehicle. its obviously a ram and if your not proud of what you drive, whats the sense?

Perhaps you could brush up on your understanding of how people have different tastes and motivations for things they like and don't like, and what usually happens when someone makes a post in this forum, assuming everyone agrees with them, only to find out they're in the minority. Who says I'm "not proud of what I drive"? Do you understand design aesthetic? That not every choice is based on "pride"?

It's my taste and my reasoning, man. Why are you trying to invalidate it? You asked the question. I gave my thoughts.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cause why drive a SHEEP when U can drive a wolf.

I de badge every car I owned since 1980, called my design. I make my own path.

My 2002 Chevy HD lost its badges/stickers soon as I brought home.

Only sheep need to see that 4X4 sticker, REAL folks already KNOW what truck it is.

(&(*^*(^(^ pet peeve is DEALER plate frames, shows me HATE for our hobby.....

The ProNaked

I don't "not" debadge because I want people to see the name, 4x4, etc. I leave them because they don't bother me and for resale/trade reasons (but mostly becsause they don't bother me). HOWEVER...I was happy to see your dealer plate comment and I'll go one further....Every car I've bought for the last 10 years, I made it a point to insist they NOT apply the dealer badge or decal to the body itself. I've gone so far as to have them put it on the contract and half-jokingly said I won't take delivery if I see it. Yes, I can take it off - but I shouldn't have to - especially when I tell them up front. Maybe I'm making a bigger deal over it than it is, but it's such a pet peeve of mine and not for the advertising aspect - but for the distracting quality of it (hello...OCD...).

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perhaps you could brush up on your understanding of how people have different tastes and motivations for things they like and don't like, and what usually happens when someone makes a post in this forum, assuming everyone agrees with them, only to find out they're in the minority. Who says I'm "not proud of what I drive"? Do you understand design aesthetic? That not every choice is based on "pride"?

It's my taste and my reasoning, man. Why are you trying to invalidate it? You asked the question. I gave my thoughts.
perhaps you didnt understand what i said. first off, i know this was going bad when you asked if you offended me. no, you didnt. im not 23 yrs old and part of this new generation where everything offends me. and perhaps i made a comment based on how i feel. maybe i offended you? you cant hide the make of your vehicle. go back and read my original post. i asked a question and had comments from both sides. never offended, never condemned andyone for their taste. just a curious question. i couod careless what your taste is man so how bout you dont try and put words in my mouth.

RIRamguy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e
Ok guys don't ruin a good thread, I'll get the first round if you shake hands.

My preference is some badges, carbon fiber reflective concepts over chrome. Dealer stuff had to go.

20201110_112346.jpg

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I’ve never debadged a vehicle before this one. I saw all that gaudy plastic on the side of my truck and didn’t like it. I then saw a special edition blacked out ram and it didn’t have any badging on the side of it. It looked much better. That’s when I knew I need to take it off of the side of my truck. After removing the badging from the side the tailgate looked bad so all the badging was removed there too. A nice billet badge went where the rams head was. I’m happy with the way it looks now. Much better without the gaudy badging that came on it. If you like all that gaudy looking plastic on your truck you’re more than welcome to keep it on your truck. You can even add more if that’s what you like. You’re paying or paid for your truck so you can have your truck they way you want it. I paid for my truck and I’ll have it the way I want. I really don’t care what others think of it. As long as I like the way it looks, that’s all that matters.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve never debadged a vehicle before this one. I saw all that gaudy plastic on the side of my truck and didn’t like it. I then saw a special edition blacked out ram and it didn’t have any badging on the side of it. It looked much better. That’s when I knew I need to take it off of the side of my truck. After removing the badging from the side the tailgate looked bad so all the badging was removed there too. A nice billet badge went where the rams head was. I’m happy with the way it looks now. Much better without the gaudy badging that came on it. If you like all that gaudy looking plastic on your truck you’re more than welcome to keep it on your truck. You can even add more if that’s what you like. You’re paying or paid for your truck so you can have your truck they way you want it. I paid for my truck and I’ll have it the way I want. I really don’t care what others think of it. As long as I like the way it looks, that’s all that matters.
couldnt have said it better myself. your money, your choice. when someone starts making your truck payment, they can make choices!

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like this, someone that is doing a real ceramic coating. It's pretty easy to tell the difference. When the paint is being corrected and perfected prior to the coating your getting the real deal. Because once its done, there is no going back to buff out scratches, ever.
There are so many imitators out there that charge a significant amount less than a real ceramic coating and don't do a whole lot more than put on a fancy wax.
When you have it done are you going to try and key the truck to test it out for that H9 hardness? Lol. I've been wanting to do the coating also and save my paint from all those limbs I encounter off road.

I’ve got wide stance tires and no fender flares. That should test it out good enough lol.

I also thought about doing a vinyl wrap but my truck really shines after a good wash so ceramic coating it will really make it shine and I like the 3 year warranty

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
2002 2500 HD 8.1, sorry truck is getting new tires and is filthy. Not been washed in 7 months

IMG_2225.jpg

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys don't ruin a good thread, I'll get the first round if you shake hands.

My preference is some badges, carbon fiber reflective concepts over chrome. Dealer stuff had to go.

View attachment 239777

OK, I'm hooked!! Post a link to these badges or small write up of where you got it and how it went on.

My Brilliant Black Diamond paint would be perfect for some Carbon Fiber look!