Decided to try some LEDs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott06HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have been wanting to swap out my halogen head lights and fog lights for a while and came across a few posts about Auxito lights. The prices are lower than most of the competitors and saw a few posts where they got go reviews so I figured I would give it a shot. I went with the fog lights as a trial run since they were cheaper than the head lights and so much easier to install. I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew and never really liked the yellowish look of the halogens. I took a few before and after pics but they really don't do the difference justice. I absolutely love the difference in color and they are definitely brighter. I am going to get a set of the head lights for sure however I have the w/4 bulb option which means I have separate bulbs for low beams and high beams for a total of 4 bulbs. Not sure if I am going to replace both the high beam and low beam bulbs with the Auxitos because I rarely have to use high beams so I don't know if I should spend the $. For anyone that is not sure the difference between the w/2 and the w/4 it just means either 2 bulbs or 4 bulbs. If you hit the high beams and a separate bulb lights up then you have the w/4. If the headlight bulb gets brighter when you hit the highs then you have the w/2. I would list below which ones I got but since their site makes it simple to find the bulbs for your specific vehicle I figured it would be pointless.

AUXITO_LOGO.png

AUXITO® Car LED Lights | LED Forward, Interior & Exterior Lighting

Ultimate light beam pattern for your Car LED forward, interior & exterior lighting. See your road more clearly with bright and easy-to-install AUXITO LED bulbs, increasing reaction time and making night driving safer.
69085_2422965957924945_2925234442131734528_n_32x32.jpg auxito.com

Attached pics are:
Halogen fogs b4 swapping
halogen-fog-b4-jpg.jpg

Halogen headlights and fog lights on garage door
halogen-headlight-n-fog-jpg.jpg

One replaced (compare halogen vs Auxito)
one-replaced-jpg.jpg

Headlight fog light comparison
head-light-fog-light-compare-jpg.jpg

What accessing looks like
easy-access-jpg.jpg

easy-access-2-jpg.jpg

Accessing twist off
access-twist-jpg.jpg

Both fog lights replaced
both-fog-replaced-jpg.jpg

Both fogs replaced vs headlights on garage door
both-fog-vs-headlights-jpg.jpg

And lastly a video of me turning on the fogs (LED) and head lights (original halogens).

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's my opinion, you have to remove your headlights to change bulbs, so while in there, you may as well do both. May cost you a few extra bucks, but it's worth it. The auxito q16, I think that's the model, is damn bright and fits in the oem low beams with ease and produces a near stock like beam pattern.
And these bulbs, nearly as bright, are super compact and easily fit behind the dust cover on the high beams.

For more reviews of other bulbs, check out this guy's channel. His testing is done in a controlled and consistent environment in 2 different housings.

OP
OP
S

Scott06HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like the driver's side fog adjustment is too high, or there's a problem with how the LED is indexed in the housing.
I didn't even notice that. I got the bulbs in late that evening and put them in around 9pm. My driveway is on an angle so the truck might not have been completely level. Is there a way to adjust the angle on the fog light housing or just on head lights?

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't even notice that. I got the bulbs in late that evening and put them in around 9pm. My driveway is on an angle so the truck might not have been completely level. Is there a way to adjust the angle on the fog light housing or just on head lights?
There's an adjustment knob on the foglight housing.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Before dumping money on the headlight bulbs make sure they're CANBUS safe or you'll have problems.
I also used Auxito for fogs, but went with Fahrens for the headlights. No errors, super bright, adjustable bases & fit under the covers.

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before dumping money on the headlight bulbs make sure they're CANBUS safe or you'll have problems.
I also used Auxito for fogs, but went with Fahrens for the headlights. No errors, super bright, adjustable bases & fit under the covers.
I did full swap with Auxito bulbs in my truck and loved them soo much I did a full swap in my wife's truck as well. We both have projector housings and no error codes have been thrown yet....its been at least 6months now since I did the swap. Money well spent...definitely can't go wrong with Auxito led bulbs.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20210515_170842.jpg
    20210515_170842.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
S

Scott06HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the headlights over the weekend. Will do a write up later in the week but drove during the day with the wipers on and no dash warnings or issues that I have noticed. Since I am new to LED swaps what kind of issues would i have with canbus?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You'll get a light out warning on the dash, but the light will still work.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 that came with the 2-Bulb set up; however, both of the lenses were cracked and had filled with water, so I had to replace whole light assymblies. I found an affordable set of projector beams on Amazon, but the lights were halogen. When I did that, I upgraded to a 4-Bulb set up. But since truck's computer was set for the 2-Bulb configuration, when I turned the high beams on, the low beams turned off. That was very dissapointing to say the least!

I later obtained the AlfaOBD and was able to change the truck's setting from 2-Bulb to 4-Bulb and now I love it! Made all the difference in the world!

I had also replaced my upper cab marker lights with LED's. The looks were fantastic; however, I also run a CB radio, and all the LED lights created a lot of radio frequency (RF) interference. So much so, that I took off of the LED cab lights and went back to OEM style. Those new OEM cab lights were expensive at $28 ea. And there are 5 of em - OUCH!

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with Auxito H7 LED's (4 total) in my Alpharex Pro G2 Projectors for my 2014 Ram 1500 and love them! The brightness, color, and beam pattern are superb. I felt as though a had a couple of dark spots in my low beams (probably just my imagination because of the projectors) so I switched the low beams out to Light Moses Premium 360° H7 LED's and for sure I can see no dark spots now. But I still love the Auxito's for my high beams and the throw is insane!

Attachments

• 20220422_183845.jpg
    20220422_183845.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220422_184025.jpg
    20220422_184025.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with Auxito H7 LED's (4 total) in my Alpharex Pro G2 Projectors for my 2014 Ram 1500 and love them! The brightness, color, and beam pattern are superb. I felt as though a had a couple of blank spots in my my low beams (probably just my imagination because of the projectors) so I switched the low beams out to Light Moses Premium 360° H7 LED's and for sure I can see no dark spots now. But I still love the Auxito's for my high beams and the throw is insane!
Wouldn't mind seeing output shots of those light Moses bulbs. I'm running hid in my projectors, so swapping to led would probably decrease output, but I'm still curious.

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't mind seeing output shots of those light Moses bulbs. I'm running hid in my projectors, so swapping to led would probably decrease output, but I'm still curious.
Alpharex Pro G2 Projectors

First shot is low beams only (no fogs)
With Light Moses Premium 360° LED's

Second shot is high beams only (no fogs)
Auxito H7 LED's

Attachments

• 20220507_205643.jpg
    20220507_205643.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220507_205707.jpg
    20220507_205707.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 21

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Auxito H7 LED's
Looks good. Did you have quad or dual headlights before?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Auxito H7 LED's
Do those LEDs fit in the Alpharex headlights with the covers on?
How did you index the LEDs? Does the cut-off line stay sharp?

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do those LEDs fit in the Alpharex headlights with the covers on?
How did you index the LEDs? Does the cut-off line stay sharp?
YES...both the Auxito LED's (high beams) and Light Moses 360° LED's (low beams) fit inside without any modification to the covers. I index'ed the Auxito's at "9" and "3" and the Light Moses LED's are a 360° chipset that doesn't need to be indexed. When you're close enough to a flat surface, you can see definitive cut-off lines in order to have a point-of-reference for proper adjustment. If you watch the video included in the Amazon description, it shows how easy it is to install them, and it's great!

Light Moses H7 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RPC1DZW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also posted a short video showing the headlight start-up "animation" using Start X (remote start) with the headlight switch set on "Auto". You also get the same "animation" (minus the first 3 "flashes" from using Start X remote start) when starting manually, with the headlight switch set to "Auto"...