Diablo i2 "This vehicle is not supported"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I had my truck into the dealership last week for the ABS code and when I picked it up I could tell it was back to the stock tune. I've been running a custom tune since 2015. So I get home and plug my i2 into the truck to reload a tune and get a message "This vehicle is not supported or your i2 may need to be updated" So I plug the i2 into my computer, do the update, take it back to the truck and receive the same message. I contacted Sean at hemifever who did the custom tune who referred me to Diablo which I am waiting on their response.

Has anyone had a dealer return their truck to the stock tune (FYI my truck is out of the warranty) and somehow lock or affect the ecm?

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happened to me a couple of months ago I had to do the update would not work I ended up calling Diablo and they had to walk me through how to add the tune apparently they change the way you do it

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happened to me a couple of months ago I had to do the update would not work I ended up calling Diablo and they had to walk me through how to add the tune apparently they change the way you do it
Alright, thanks. Odd thing is a couple years ago I had it in for a recall and didn't put in the stock tune myself. The service manager just said that I had several codes and asked me if they were any showing on my dash/evic. I said no and that was the end of it and they didn't mess with the ecm or change my tune back to stock.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did YOU download your tune and return your truck to stock before you went to the dealership?
Jay

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did YOU download your tune and return your truck to stock before you went to the dealership?
Jay
No I did not because as noted above I had it in previously with the custom tune installed and the dealership didn't have a concern with it then. I thought about it but with it being out of warranty I didn't think they'd have anything to say.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully Diablo will get you fixed up.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd recommend you either 1) plug the OBD II port with a blank or one of those DSP anodized aluminum pieces, or, 2) get in the habit of returning your vehicle to stock before you take it to the dealer regardless of the planned services. That way, if they check your PCM for updates and recalls by VIN it won't mess up your tunes.

Since they didn't have any place to store your custom tune (the DSP programmer), they removed it.

I have a cover over my data link port and have instructed the dealership to NOT scan the PCM. They know it's deleted and they know what the tune is about and they know they can probably void my warranty for certain things by reason of those owner modifications but they won't be able to scramble my PCM and not pay for it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ This is the best advise your going to get!!!!!!
Jay

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend you either 1) plug the OBD II port with a blank or one of those DSP anodized aluminum pieces, or, 2) get in the habit of returning your vehicle to stock before you take it to the dealer regardless of the planned services. That way, if they check your PCM for updates and recalls by VIN it won't mess up your tunes.

Since they didn't have any place to store your custom tune (the DSP programmer), they removed it.

I have a cover over my data link port and have instructed the dealership to NOT scan the PCM. They know it's deleted and they know what the tune is about and they know they can probably void my warranty for certain things by reason of those owner modifications but they won't be able to scramble my PCM and not pay for it.
Thanks for that info.
I emailed a file to Diablo this morning so hopefully he can fix me up.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
@BigRed4x4 - What was the outcome? I tried doing a data log and it's telling me my vehicle isn't supported. My wifi network doesn't show up and it seems to be stuck in a loop no matter what I try to do. I wonder if one of Diablo's updates bricked it?