Did the dealer scre up my order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't change anything after it hits D1 status. They couldn't even change my truck from two tone to monotone. They sure as hell aren't going to allow a whole list of changes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Sorry but I am not familiar with the different stages/ status'- D1, etc, and what you can or can't do.

My comment is based off of it going from the GM saying he would do what he can to rectify the situation, to the op saying he is getting a 15 from a new dealer, with no additional info

Last edited:

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, was just sharing that since most don't know that. I've ordered a few vehicles so I'm familiar with the stages. Didn't mean to come off as a ****. Lol

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, was just sharing that since most don't know that. I've ordered a few vehicles so I'm familiar with the stages. Didn't mean to come off as a ****. Lol

I couldn't care less if you came off as a ****. Helps me get info down better. Lol. I'm sure I come off as a **** plenty enough. That's what happens when you're reading text on the internet and can't put a voice to it, paired with being straight forward.

but nah you didnt.

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did something else happen? Did he end up saying he can't fix the error?

From how it seems most of what went wrong seems to lay at fault with the salesperson as far as the customer service goes.

I know it sucks and you're stressed about needing the vehicle for your upcoming child, but I sure as hell would not have put a deposit down without seeing the build sheet for what they ordered.

You contacted the GM and the gm said they would try and have your options added to the current one being built, or start a new order asap with the right options.

You sent an email to the GM last night, and he called you this morning....your rant now seems like overkill, at least based on the information you provided.

Basically somewhere between the day I was there to order and handed them the build sheet of what I wanted from Rams website and the day they actually placed the order (over two weeks later according to the date on the order summary) a bunch of options got left off of my list, one was added that I didn't want, and one was entered incorrectly. They did not call me back to confirm before placing the order with Ram so somehow, somewhere in those two weeks I'm guessing my list was lost or something so they just made it up. Not really sure and the GM of the dealership would not tell me what the hell happened and how 6 grand or so worth of options was left off of the order.

So the options the GM gave me were as follows:
1. They order me a 2015 when they can with the exact options I wanted in the first place and guarantee to sell it to me at the current price for the truck I originally ordered.
2. They do a dealer trade for a similar truck that probably won't have everything I wanted.
3. Refund my deposit.

I'm so irritated with them at this point that I don't really care if I end up spending a little more to get the truck I wanted in the first place thru another dealership. So I told them to refund my deposit and I will now be waiting until orders for the 2015s open up and going thru a different dealership to place my order.

As was stated above, orders for 2014s are closed and no longer being accepted, and the truck they ordered is too far into the build process for them to be able to correct their errors at this point.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear that. I hope your next experience with a new dealer goes much more smoothly.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You know, this almost sounds like the salesman dropped the ball and didn't get your order submitted before the order boards closed then decided to slap your name on an order they already had coming in, hoping you wouldn't notice.

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That seriously would not surprise me.

I was poking around online last night and found a RamBox equipped 2014 black Sport at another local dealer. It's got most of the stuff I wanted on my ordered truck except the sunroof and spray in liner. But it also has extras I wasn't planning to get. Heated and vented seats, heated wheel, rain sensing wipers, etc. the price sure looks good. So as soon as I get my morning coffee going I'm gonna head over and take a look at it.

New 2014 Ram 1500 Sport For Sale | San Diego CA | |

They also have a FULLY loaded RamBox equipped 2500 diesel. But that's way more truck than I realistically need, a bit more than I was planning to spend, and I just don't tow often enough to really justify the Diesel engine. The truck is gonna be my daily driver and family hauler. But man this thing is loaded!
New 2014 Ram 2500 SLT For Sale | San Diego CA | |

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That black sport looks like it would be a nice truck. It has 3.92 gears and limited slip, not common options on dealer ordered trucks! Definite bonus there. I could live without the rain sensing wipers (never use them in my Jeep) but the other options in that package are pretty nice. I like the Keyless go and auto high beams in my Jeep. The heated seats and steering wheel are great too, but probably not something you'd use a lot in southern CA. The vented seats are great though!

Sounds like the only negative here is the lack of sunroof. To be honest, I've had sunroofs and never really used them. I used the sunroof in my Power Wagon a few times, but not $900 worth. The panoramic sunroof in my Jeep has only been opened a few times as well. I could have ordered it with my new truck but I just saved the extra money and left it off.

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I think I could live without the sunroof. Wife never uses the one in her Grand Cherokee. The bed liner isn't the end of the world either. I can probably get them to do it for me. If not there is a rhino liner dealer not far from the dealership. The important thing to me is the Ramboxes, 8.4AN, tow package, 3.92, and the 32 gallon tank. I know the sport has a slightly lower tow rating than the Big Horn. But it's still probably higher than my 98 Quad cab and it should still haul my YJ no problem. I'm gonna head over and take a look at it shortly. I have a feeling I will be reporting back with a new truck later today.

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
The bed liner isn't the end of the world either. I can probably get them to do it for me.

Rhino or LineX would work. I wouldn't let the bedliner be a dealbreaker.

I know the sport has a slightly lower tow rating than the Big Horn.

Meh, you'd be surprised. The Big Horn trucks are heavy and that all detracts from the payload capacity.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've attached the build sheet on that truck just for reference...

Looking at the tow ratings, this truck is rated for 9,850 lbs with 1,300 lbs of payload capacity. A Big Horn is with this same configuration is rated for 9,950 with 1,390 lbs payload.

http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2014/docs/ram/rammlup1500.pdf

Attachments

• Build Sheet 1C6RR7MT4ES413097.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 61

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had in my hand the printout of exactly the truck I wanted that I put together on Rams website thru the build and price tool. I had handed this build sheet to the sales guy, then the sales manager, who took it back to the order department (finally after an hour) to have them enter the order. Again, this build sheet was line by line with every single option I wanted on the truck.

it's worth noting the ram site lies like hell when it comes to some options and standard configurations so it's quite possible the dealer wasn't lying when he said what you wanted doesn't exist. when i went in and actually saw the options available on the dealers computer it was pretty much completely different from what was available to me on the ram site

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I'm at the dealer. The sport is looking real good. They just got it in. Hasn't even been taken for a test drive yet. They are fueling it up now and gonna take it for a test drive. Salesman said they can send it out to linex for me if I want. Will report back a bit later. But I have a feeling I'll be buying this today.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet! Beat them up on the price! You should be able to get at least $9k off the sticker price...

OP
OP

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's my goal. Want to get it to about 40. But I also want them to add a few things. It doesn't have nav, tow hooks. Or the bed liner. Also want to see f I can get them to throw in a tonneau cover. The negotiations will be starting soon.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah you should deffinitly get the price down! My Longhorn loaded was 46,500 before tax! Had an msrp of 64K so I did well! Lol

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
That's my goal. Want to get it to about 40. But I also want them to add a few things. It doesn't have nav, tow hooks. Or the bed liner. Also want to see f I can get them to throw in a tonneau cover. The negotiations will be starting soon.

I dont THINK the Sport has tow hooks at all..

post some pics if you finalize it today :favorites13:

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^ yep

My 2014 2500, 4x4 CTD, SLT/BigHorn was $45 before tax.

It has 8.4an NAV, and everything that 1500 has except the RAM box, auto sensing windshield wipers